We’ve already told you all about the new LT1 trim level as well as about the various changes and updates in store for Chevy’s 2020 Camaro. But now, we have the complete list of what’s new for the sports car for the 2020 model year – giving us a thorough understanding of the changes. The changes are numerous, especially considering that the 2019 Camaro just received a mid-cycle refresh no more than a year ago. Hence, we can think of the 2020 Camaro as a refresh to the refresh. So, buckle up and let’s dig right in.
Arguably the biggest and most notable change for the 2020 Camaro is the addition of the new LT1 trim. Not to be confused with 1LT, LT1 slots between the LT and SS trims, using the body of the LT trim and the naturally-aspirated 6.2L V8 LT1 engine from the Camaro SS.
The new Camaro LT1 will be priced to start at $34,995 (notably lower than the $37,995 starting price of the Camaro SS), and is the long-rumored low-cost V8 model that the sixth-generation Camaro has been missing; many believe that lack of such a model has caused sixth-gen Camaro sales to trail its competition. In any event, the 2020 Camaro LT1 will be available in both Coupe (model 1AJ37) and Convertible (model 1AG67) forms and is assigned trim code 1LZ.
In addition, the 2020 Camaro sees the introduction of two special edition packages: Shock and Steel Special Edition and Redline Edition. Neither one will be available at the start of 2020 model year production.
- Shock and Steel Special Edition on 2LT, 3LT, and 2SS models includes:
- 20″ blade design aluminum wheels
- Carbon Flash-painted outside mirrors
- Center stripe in Silver when Shock color is ordered or in Shock color when Satin Steel Metallic is ordered
- Spoiler stripe
- Body-color wing spoiler
- Fuel filler door in Black with visible carbon fiber insert
- Brembo 4-piston front performance brakes
- Yellow-painted calipers
- Black sueded knee pad
- Carbon fiber instrument panel molding
- Premium carpeted floor mats
- Redline edition on 1LT, 2LT, 3LT, 1SS, 2SS models includes:
- 20″ Black-painted aluminum wheels with Red accents
- Black Camaro fender badge with Red outline
- Redline Edition stripes
- Red seat belt color
- Red knee pads
- Premium carpeted floor mats
Outside, the 2020 Camaro sees the deletion of two colors – Silver Ice Metallic and Mosaic Black Metallic, while adding Rally Green Metallic. There’s also the revision of the front fascia for SS models from the facelifted 2019 model, with 2020 Camaro SS units getting the mid-bar painted in body-color, rather than being black.
The 2020 Camaro gets new 20-inch 5-split spoke polished forged wheels with a black star center cap as well as an expanded availability or RPO wheels, which are now available with any LPO wheels, based on model/trim level.
From there, there’s a whole list of accessory-level additions, including:
- Addition of dark tint tail lamps optional on LS and LT models
- Addition of new Camaro fender badge optional on LS, LT, and SS models
- Addition of new black front and rear bowties on LS and LT models
- Addition of orange- and red-painted brake calipers available on LT, LT1 and SS models
- Addition of decklid-mounted lip spoiler as an option on LS and LT Coupe without RS Package, available on LS, LT, LT1, SS models
Inside, the 2020 Camaro sees the introduction of new red knee pads on LT, 1LT, SS and ZL1 models as well as the red seat belt color as an option across the entire model range (the red seatbelt was previously only available as standard on the ZL1). All models get the Tire Fill Alert feature, and the Rear Camera Mirror is now standard on the 3LT Coupe and 3LT Convertible, and is no longer deleted when 1LE Track Package is ordered.
Meanwhile, Recaro performance front bucket seats are now available on LT Coupe and LT Convertible models without requiring 1LE Track Performance Package and sport alloy pedals are now available on LT and SS Coupe/Convertible (these were previously available only on ZL1 models, as standard equipment). The Sueded microfiber-wrapped, flat-bottom steering wheel, and sueded microfiber-wrapped shifter are now available on LT and SS Coupe and Convertible (preciously required 1LE Track Performance Package on LT and SS, while being standard on ZL1).
And finally, the Adrenaline Red and Ceramic White interior colors are now available on the 2LT Coupe and 2LT Convertible (previously only available on 3LT and 2SS models).
The 2020 Camaro powertrain lineup carries over from the 2019 model year, offering four gasoline engines: one turbocharged four-cylinder engine, one naturally aspirated six-cylinder engine, one naturally aspirated eight-cylinder engine, and one supercharged eight-cylinder engine. The engines go unchanged from the 2019 model, except for the introduction of the new LT1 trim and its associated LT1 engine.
However, there Camaro LT models equipped with the 3.6L V6 LGX engine now get the 10-speed automatic transmission in place of the 8-speed auto included previously. What’s more, the 3LT trim level now comes standard with the turbocharged 2.0L I4 LTG engine, while 3.6L V6 LGX is now an available option (previously came standard with 3.6L V6 LGX).
The 2020 Camaro now includes the Convenience and Lighting Package as standard on the 3LT trim level. The package includes:
- Memory Package
- Heated steering wheel
- Head-Up Display
- Rear Park Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Forward Collision Alert
- Rear Camera Mirror
- Interior spectrum lighting
- Illuminated sill plates and aluminum accents on door trim and shifter cap
In addition, the 3LT trim also gets the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus system with 8″ diagonal HD color touchscreen (RPO code IOS) as standard. The Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium system with connected Navigation (IOT) is now an available option. For the 2019 model year, the IOT was standard on 3LT trim.
Finally, the 2020 Camaro sees the deletion of the following LPOs:
- RS/SS Interior Package
- Camaro Logo Premium Carpeted Mats Package
- Premium carpeted 1LE floor mats
- Premium carpeted performance logo floor mats
- Winter Protection Package
- Decklid blackout decal
- Black Metallic with Red outline hash mark stripes
- (PCH/PCI) Performance Enthusiast Packages