Chevrolet Bolt EV sales decreased 1.35 percent to 4,316 units in the first quarter of 2019 as the auto industry had its worst-performing first quarter since Q1 2014. So, as complete federal electric vehicle tax credits ran out on April 1st, a new Chevrolet discount reduces the price of select Bolt EV models by 15 percent in April 2019, which can total over $6,500 in some cases.
Nationwide Chevrolet discounts on the Bolt EV for April 2019 are as follows:
- 2019 Bolt EV rebate offer: 15 percent below MSRP for current competitive owners when financing with GM Financial
- Example: $5,136 purchase cash + $1,424 price reduction below MSRP = $6,560
- 2019 Bolt EV finance offer: 0 percent APR for 72 months when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Bolt EV purchase offer: $3,000 customer cash
- 2018 Bolt EV finance offer: $1,500 APR cash + 0 percent APR for 72 months when financing with GM Financial
For reference, here are the applicable 2018 and 2019 Bolt EV trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
2019 Bolt EV:
- LT – $37,495
- Premier – $41,895
2018 Bolt EV:
- LT – $37,495
- Premier – $41,780
The 15 percent Chevrolet discount as it applies to an in-stock 2019 Bolt EV Premier with an MSRP of $43,735 reduces the starting price of that model to just $37,175, which is more affordable than a regularly-priced 2019 Bolt EV LT. Meanwhile, the $3,000 Chevrolet discount cuts the starting price of the 2018 Bolt EV LT from $37,495 to $34,495.
We should note that this is the biggest Chevy Bolt EV discount we have seen since the electric car’s launch for the 2018 model year. At the moment, it’s unclear whether these discounts are related to the reduction in the full federal EV tax credit that took place April 1st.
- Must take delivery by April 30, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About Chevrolet Bolt EV
The Chevrolet Bolt EV is a battery-electric vehicle (BEV) from General Motors’ Chevrolet brand. Officially positioned as a crossover by Chevrolet, the five-door subcompact hatchback offers over 200 miles of range on a full charge while also featuring advanced connectivity technologies designed to enhance and personalize the driving experience.
The Chevy Bolt EV received a few minor updates and changes for the 2019 model year, which is its third model year of the first-generation Bolt EV in the United States market. In addition to three new colors, the Bolt EV also received the following:
- Addition of a new smartphone interface for vehicle entry, start and operation exclusively for fleet orders only; late availability
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert
- Newfound availability of Driver Confidence II Package on LT model. Previously, the package was only available on the Premier trim level. The package includes:
The Bolt EV is assembled at the following plants:
- Vehicle assembly: GM Lake Orion plant in Orion Township, Michigan, USA operated by GM USA
- Battery and motor drive unit: Incheon, South Korea
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Chevrolet Bolt EV information
- Running GM sales results