The starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the 2019 Chevrolet Malibu increased an average of $562 over 2018 models, according to a pricing analysis performed by GM Authority. Prices for the refreshed 2019 Malibu grew between $410 to $1,400 compared to the 2018 model, but one particular trim saw its base price reduced by $100.
Specifically, the starting price of the base Malibu L grew by $410, that of the Malibu LT grew $1,400, Hybrid is up $300 and Premier is up $800. That said, the Malibu LS saw a $100 decrease to its starting MSRP.
|Trim Level||2019 Chevrolet Malibu||2018 Chevrolet Malibu||+ / – 2019|
|RS||$25,095||N/A||New for 2019|
The $1,400 price increase of the LT model is likely due to the introduction of the new RS trim level that slots below the LT model. The new Malibu RS offers a sporty and more personalized appearance with blacked-out characteristics. It’s priced at $25,095, exactly $1,000 more than the LS model on which it is based. Other factors that may have contributed to the LT’s price increase is the re-arrangement of content in the midsize sedan’s convenience and technology packages.
About The Figures
- Pricing figures represent starting Manufacturer Suggested Retail Prices (MSPR) for each trim level without additional options.
- MSRP obtained from Chevrolet for the United States market.
- MSRP does not include $875 destination charge per vehicle.
- Manufacturer incentives, rebates or other offers not included in MSRP.
About Chevrolet Malibu
The Chevrolet Malibu is a mid-size sedan sold in most markets where Chevrolet has a business presence. It is currently Chevrolet's second-largest sedan, in the U.S. and Canada, slotting above the subcompact Chevrolet Sonic and compact Chevrolet Cruze but under the full-size Chevrolet Impala.
For 2019 - the fourth model year of the ninth-gen model - the Malibu received a midcycle enhancement, otherwise known as a facelift or refresh, that consists of revised exterior styling, a new Malibu RS trim level, a CVT transmission for L, LS, LT and RS models, a new infotainment system, a new 8-inch reconfigurable driver information center (DIC), LED headlamps on the Premier model, and various other new features.
The Chevrolet Malibu is produced at the following GM plants:
- GM Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kansas, USA supplying the Americas
- GM Bupyeong plant in South Korea supplying Eurasia
- Shanghai GM Jinqiao North in China (GM China) supplying China
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Running GM sales results
- Chevrolet Malibu information