When it launches this spring, the new Cadillac XT6 will boast a feature called SiriusXM 360L into its CUE infotainment system. SiriusXM describes 360L as delivering a 360 degree listening” experience via satellite and streaming with new exciting features and functionality along with a highly-personalized listening experience with more more variety, on-demand audio, and smart content recommendations. That sounds incredible… only that it doesn’t tell us what the service actually does.
So we dug into SiriusXM 360L, and what it will bring to XT6 owners.
As it turns out, 360L delivers the full lineup of over 200 SiriusXM channels, while also enabling a more personalized experience by providing content recommendations on the vehicle’s infotainment screen based on users’ listening preferences. In other words, you still get the wealth of SiriusXM content, but with a recommendations engine that enables subscribers to get more from their subscription. After all, very few (if anyone) actually knows exactly what each of the 200+ SiriusXM channels are all about.
Jim Cady, Executive Vice President of Products, Operations & Connected Vehicle Services at SiriusXM, is confident that 360L will “revolutionize the way [we] listen to audio in the car”… which might be a stretch, but we’ll take it (for now).
According to SiriusXM, 360L benefits offers up the following benefits:
- Access to over 200 available channels
- Access to thousands of hours of recorded on-demand shows, interviews, and events
- Enhanced sports play-by-play and official broadcasts
- Smart content recommendations
- Dynamic user interface that allows for easy navigation
- Individual listener profiles that allow multiple drivers and passengers to customize favorites
- Profiles can be synced with the listener’s mobile phone to seamlessly access content
Ease Of Use
- Drivers and passengers can use voice to search SiriusXM’s extensive library of content
- Subscribers can manage their account, renew their subscription and contact SiriusXM right on the screen
- Over-the-air updates ensure that SiriusXM will always have the latest features at your fingertips
The new Cadillac XT6 goes on sale this spring as a 2020 model year vehicle. It will be manufactured at the GM Spring Hill plant in Tennessee. Pricing information will become available closer to the vehicle’s production date.