Chevrolet Malibu sales decreased 17.03 percent to 37,084 units in the fourth quarter of 2018. The decline is unsurprising given the ongoing shift in consumer purchase dynamics that currently favors crossovers, SUVs and trucks. So in what could possibly be an effort to turn the tide in the oppossite direction, a new Chevrolet discount reduces the price of the Malibu by over $4,000.
Nationwide Chevrolet discounts on the Malibu are as follows:
- 2018 Malibu: $4,250 total cash allowance on most models when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Malibu: 0 percent APR for 60 months (interest-free) when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Malibu excluding L models: $2,500 customer cash
- 2019 Malibu: $3,250 total cash allowance on most models when financing with GM Financial
- 2019 Malibu: $1,500 total cash allowance on most models when financing with GM Financial
Notably, some of these Chevrolet discounts are restricted to current owners.
It’s worth noting that the larger discount on 2018 models is likely intended to clear our remaining inventory of pre-facelift, 2018 models.
For reference, here are the starting MSRPs for the 2018 Malibu and 2019 Malibu:
- 2018 Malibu:
- L – $22,555
- LS – $24,195
- LT – $26,095
- Hybrid – $28,795
- Premier – $31,895
- 2019 Malibu:
- L – $22,965
- LS – $24,095
- RS – $25,095
- LT – $27,495
- Hybrid – $29,095
- Premier – $32,695
- Must take delivery by February 28, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About Chevrolet Malibu
The Chevrolet Malibu is a mid-size sedan sold in most markets where Chevrolet has a business presence. It is currently Chevrolet's second-largest sedan, in the U.S. and Canada, slotting above the subcompact Chevrolet Sonic and compact Chevrolet Cruze but under the full-size Chevrolet Impala.
For 2019 - the fourth model year of the ninth-gen model - the Malibu received a midcycle enhancement, otherwise known as a facelift or refresh, that consists of revised exterior styling, a new Malibu RS trim level, a CVT transmission for L, LS, LT and RS models, a new infotainment system, a new 8-inch reconfigurable driver information center (DIC), LED headlamps on the Premier model, and various other new features.
The Chevrolet Malibu is produced at the following GM plants:
- GM Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kansas, USA supplying the Americas
- GM Bupyeong plant in South Korea supplying Eurasia
- Shanghai GM Jinqiao North in China (GM China) supplying China
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Running GM sales results
- Chevrolet Malibu information