The starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV has risen by a mere $115 when compared to the 2018 model.
According to a pricing analysis performed by GM Authority, the starting MSRP of the 2019 Bolt EV in the base LT trim remained $37,495 – identical to that of the 2018 model. Meanwhile, the base price of the Bolt EV in the up-level Premier trim grew by just $115 to $41,895.
|Trim Level||2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV||2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV||+ / – 2019|
|LT (FWD)||$37,495||$37,495||No Change|
We believe that the Bolt EV price went as little as it did for the 2019 model year as a result of pricing pressures imposed by new and/or upcoming rivals, such as the Nissan Leaf and Hyundai Kona. In addition, Bolt EV sales have shown that most potential Bolt EV buyers are unwilling to pay much more for the vehicle than Chevrolet is already charging.
Finally, the discontinuation of federal tax subsidies for buyers of electric cars will make vehicles like the Bolt EV even less attractive. In fact, some electric car makers like Tesla have lowered the prices of their vehicles to account for the loss of the tax credit.
As such, we don’t expect Bolt EV prices to change much going forward.
About The Figures
- Pricing figures represent starting Manufacturer Suggested Retail Prices (MSPR) for each trim level without additional options.
- MSRP obtained from Chevrolet for the United States market.
- MSRP does not include $875 destination charge per vehicle.
- Manufacturer incentives, rebates or other offers not included in MSRP.
About Chevrolet Bolt EV
The Chevrolet Bolt EV is a battery-electric vehicle (BEV) from General Motors’ Chevrolet brand. Officially positioned as a crossover by Chevrolet, the five-door subcompact hatchback offers over 200 miles of range on a full charge while also featuring advanced connectivity technologies designed to enhance and personalize the driving experience.
The Chevy Bolt EV received a few minor updates and changes for the 2019 model year, which is its third model year of the first-generation Bolt EV in the United States market. In addition to three new colors, the Bolt EV also received the following:
- Addition of a new smartphone interface for vehicle entry, start and operation exclusively for fleet orders only; late availability
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert
- Newfound availability of Driver Confidence II Package on LT model. Previously, the package was only available on the Premier trim level. The package includes:
The Bolt EV is assembled at the following plants:
- Vehicle assembly: GM Lake Orion plant in Orion Township, Michigan, USA operated by GM USA
- Battery and motor drive unit: Incheon, South Korea
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Chevrolet Bolt EV information
- Running GM sales results