Chevrolet debuted the 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels edition at the 2017 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, proving that adulthood can, in fact, be better than childhood. The vehicle is a celebration of 50 years of the partnership between Chevrolet and Hot Wheels’ die-cast cars, both of which have brought smiles to the faces of people of all ages.
The Orange Crush paint job pays homage to the classic orange Hot Wheels tracks that so many of us grew up with. The stripes are finished with Satin Graphite and Silver Ice Metallic accents that create the visual effect of an elongated hood. Sure, the 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels edition’s modifications are limited to visual aesthetics and do not include any changes to its performance, but we are by no means complaining.
The pony rides on 20-inch Satin Graphite forged aluminum wheels hiding orange brake calipers that match the ground effects package while mimicking that iconic Hot Wheels track design. You’ll know a 50th Anniversary Camaro when you see one, as there are badges everywhere to prove it. The Hot Wheels emblem can be found on the fenders, door sills, steering wheel, and the rear.
“The Chevrolet Performance design studio is full of designers who were inspired by Hot Wheels. The Camaro Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Edition captures that passion, turning childhood fantasy into reality”, elaborated Tom Peters, director of Exterior Design for Chevrolet Performance Cars.
Hot Wheels Global Brand GM and Senior Vice President Chris Down expressed his enthusiasm for this anniversary edition Camaro as well.
“In the 1960s, Hot Wheels and Camaro challenged vehicle design by elevating the speed, power and performance of both die-cast and pony cars alike. We’re thrilled that fans can now experience the essence of Hot Wheels in this special edition Camaro.”
The 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels edition is available on the 2LT and 2SS trim levels in either coupe or convertible body styles. The special package was priced at $4,995 and includes the following unique features (with their respective RPO codes):
- Orange Crush exterior color (G16)
- Satin Graphite stripes with Silver Metallic accents
- Jet Black front leather-trimmed seats with Orange inserts and accent stitching (HUZ)
- Satin Graphite Ground Effects Package, LPO (5VM)
- 20-inch Satin Graphite machined-face wheels
- Orange-painted calipers (J6L)
- Dark tail lights with Hot Wheels emblem on the taillamp panel
- Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary fender badge
- Unique grille with Galvano chrome inserts
- Black Chevrolet bowtie emblem
- Illuminated door sill plate with Hot Wheels Anniversary badge
- Premium carpeted floor mats with Orange stitching and ghost stripes
- Orange knee bolsters and seat belts
- Sueded microfiber-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel with Orange accent stitching and Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary badge (N26)
- Sueded microfiber-wrapped shift knob (KS9)
The 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Edition brings die-cast dreams to life and inspires the child in all of us, but seeing one in person or on the road may be a tricky feat, as whoever owns a Hot Wheels Camaro may opt to keep it inside and watch its value rise. As with collectible toy cars, this full-size Camaro is likely to double as an appreciating asset for the owner – which is unfortunate for those of us that want to see what this bad boy can do.
Enjoy our exclusive 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels photo gallery, and stay tuned to GM Authority for more Camaro news.