The defect: if the temperature is set to maximum heat or the mode knob is set to maximum floor vent and an electrical short occurs, components within the CCM may overheat.
The hazards: if the CCM overheats, there is an increased risk of a fire in the vehicle’s headliner.
Affected components: electrical system.
Only vehicles equipped with a single, manual, rear climate control module (CCM) are affected.
Number of vehicles affected: 30,289 units (United States figure).
The fix: GM will notify owners, and dealers will remove the electrical insulation from a wiring connector within the CCM to remove the fire risk, free of charge.
Owners should: await notification from GM.
Owners can also contact GM customer service with questions by using the following information.
- Chevrolet Customer Service: 1-800-222-1020
- GMC Customer Service: 1-800-462-8782
- GM Recall Number: 18299
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Recall Number: 18V655000