The 2019 Chevy Bolt EV adds three new exterior colors to its color palette – Shock, Green Mist Metallic, and Slate Gray Metallic. Today we get our first look at Shock, which the Bolt shares with the 2019 Sonic – which is fitting given that both vehicles are made at the same Orion Township plant.
Assigned color code GKO and touch-up paint code WA-628D, Shock is a $395 option that is available on all 2019 Chevy Bolt EV trim levels.
The color is paired with the black grille option (TUS), as opposed to the silver grille offered on the Bolt.
2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV Trim Levels:
- LT (2LT)
- Premier (2LZ)
2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV Interior Color Combinations:
- Dark Galvanized with Sky Cool Gray
- Dark Galvanized Gray
- Light Ash Gray with Ceramic White
As of this writing, dealers are well-stocked with the 2019 Chevy Bolt EV, since the GM Lake Orion factory has been assembling and shipping the 2019 model to dealers for the past several weeks. Models in the Shock exterior color are currently available in stock as well. Availability varies by dealer, so check with yours for complete details.
The GM Authority Take
It’s wonderful to see Chevy introduce a bright and fun color like Shock to the Bolt EV’s palette, as the hue matches the playful and fun personality of the host vehicle, similar to that of the Sonic. Here’s to hoping that the color sticks around and isn’t a one-and-done kind of thing.
About Chevrolet Bolt EV
The Chevrolet Bolt EV is a battery-electric vehicle (BEV) from General Motors’ Chevrolet brand. Officially positioned as a crossover by Chevrolet, the five-door subcompact hatchback offers over 200 miles of range on a full charge while also featuring advanced connectivity technologies designed to enhance and personalize the driving experience.
The Chevy Bolt EV received a few minor updates and changes for the 2019 model year, which is its third model year of the first-generation Bolt EV in the United States market. In addition to three new colors, the Bolt EV also received the following:
- Addition of a new smartphone interface for vehicle entry, start and operation exclusively for fleet orders only; late availability
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert
- Newfound availability of Driver Confidence II Package on LT model. Previously, the package was only available on the Premier trim level. The package includes:
The Bolt EV is assembled at the following plants:
- Vehicle assembly: GM Lake Orion plant in Orion Township, Michigan, USA operated by GM USA
- Battery and motor drive unit: Incheon, South Korea
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Chevrolet Bolt EV information
- Running GM sales results