Chevy’s all-new 2019 Silverado introduces a diverse abundance of enhancements over its previous-generation, K2 platform predecessor. The all-new T1 platform delivers a solid foundation that enables significant weight savings for improved handling and fuel economy, a revised exterior brings Silverado design to the modern era, and various new technological features make the truck more convenient from which to work and play. One rather small, yet important new feature is an improved CornerStep rear bumper.
For those not familiar intricately familiar with the terminology, the CornerStep Bumper is a GM convenience feature/technology that provides easier access to the box of a pickup truck via two features:
- Integrated steps at each corner of the rear bumper, and
- Ergonomically-shaped handholds built into the box rail protectors
For the 2019 Silverado, the CornerStep rear bumper features larger cutouts to better accommodate steel-toed boots.
Though the change may seem insignificant to some, those who wear steel-toed boots (along with other forms of bulky footwear) will certainly appreciate the improvement.
Moreover, the larger cutouts also make it easier for those with normal footwear to step into the footholds.
The improved CornerStep rear bumper (RPO code BMN) is a standard feature on all models of the 2019 Silverado 1500, regardless of trim level or options package.
More 2019 Silverado Info & Reporting
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (Last-Gen K2 Platform)
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Colors
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Order Guide
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Platform
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Powertrain
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Price
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specifications
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specs
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trailboss
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Medium Duty Trucks
- 2019 Silverado 1500 Pictures
- Silverado sales numbers