Buick Cascada Sales - Q2 2018 - United StatesIn the United States, Buick Cascada deliveries totaled 1,374 units in Q2 2018, a decrease of about 32 percent compared to 2,013 units sold in Q2 2017.
In the first six months of the year, Cascada sales decreased about 34 percent to 2,292 units.
|MODEL||Q2 2018 / Q2 2017||Q2 2018||Q2 2017||YTD 2018 / YTD 2017||YTD 2018||YTD 2017|
The GM Authority Take
We attribute the ongoing decline in Buick Cascada sales volume to the following factors:
- Potential vehicle issues, such as the model’s outdated in-vehicle technology department
- The potential saturation of the market for non-luxury convertibles, a segment that includes a redesigned Mazda MX-5 Miata, Fiat 124 Spider and Audi A3 Convertible
- The ongoing shift in consumer purchase patterns that favors CUVs and SUVs over other vehicle types like sedans, coupes and convertibles
Nevertheless, adding the Cascada to the Buick lineup was meant to fill “white space” to change the brand’s perception while also attracting new-to-brand customers. Figures released by Buick in 2017 state that the Cascada has been successful in doing exactly that, with nearly 70 percent of Cascada customers being new to GM.
We expect Cascada sales to continue decreasing in the coming quarters as long as the crossover craze persists, Buick doesn’t offer significantly attractive incentives on the Cascada, or update the model with new in-vehicle technology.
About Buick Cascada
The Buick Cascada is a compact convertible. The current, first-generation Cascada was introduced for the 2016 model year. Essentially a rebadged Opel/Vauxhall Cascada, the vehicle is based on a variant of the GM Delta II platform shared with the Opel Astra and first-generation Chevrolet Cruze, Chevrolet Volt and Opel Astra J.
For the 2018 model year, the Cascada received three new exterior colors, two new convertible top colors and expanded availability of the Dark Effects Package. For the 2019 model year, The Cascada gets two changes: the removal of the Carrageen Metallic exterior color and newfound ability to get the Sport Red exterior color without getting the Dark Effects Package. In addition, the Light Neutral seats with Jet Black accents become newly available with the Sport Red exterior color.
For the 2019 model year, the Cascada lost the Carrageen Metallic exterior color and made the Sport Red exterior color available without the Dark Effects Package or the Light Neutral seats with Jet Black accents interior color combination.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Buick Cascada Q2 2017 sales
- In the United States, there were 77 selling days in Q2 2018 and 77 selling days in Q2 2017
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Buick Cascada information
- Running GM sales results
- Q2 2018 GM sales results:
- U.S. GM Q2 2018 sales results
- U.S. Q2 2018 Chevrolet sales results
- U.S. Q2 2018 Cadillac sales results
- U.S. Q2 2018 Buick sales results
- U.S. Q2 2018 GMC sales results
- GM Canada Q2 2018 sales results
- Canada Q2 2018 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada Q2 2018 Cadillac sales results
- Canada Q2 2018 Buick sales results
- Canada Q2 2018 GMC sales results
- GM China Q2 2018 sales results
- GM Korea Q2 2018 sales results:
- Chevrolet Korea Q2 2018 sales results
- Cadillac Korea Q2 2018 sales results
- U.S. GM Q2 2018 sales results