We’ve already seen the 2019 Silverado RST in the wild, but we have yet to see one in white – which is what we came across today as the pickup was undergoing validation testing near Detroit.
Short for Rally Sport Truck, the Silverado RST is essentially an LT trim level with a “street performance” appearance that swaps shiny chrome bits for body-colored ones. The model seen here is coated in Summit White (color code GAZ) and doesn’t feature the sport bar of the red Silverado RST we saw previously.
Up front, the RST features a body-color front bumper and body-color bars with high gloss black mesh inserts. A black Chevy bow tie sits proudly in the middle.
Like LT trim on which it is based, the RST comes standard with full LED lighting, including LED headlamps, LED signature Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs) and LED fog lamps. This is also the case for LT, RST, and LTZ models. By comparison, Silverado High Country gets high-intensity LED headlamps with LED signature curtain Daytime Running Lamps.
Also notice those high-gloss black mirror caps. These are only included on the RST and LT Trail Boss equipment groups.
The model seen here is riding on 18-inch Bright Silver painted aluminum wheels with dual five-spokes (RPO code PZX), which are the base wheels on the Silverado RST. The model also offers the following wheel options:
- 20-inch painted machine face aluminum wheels and Argent Metallic pockets (RPO code RD4)
- 22-inch transit steel wheels (LPO code RBR)
Also notice the black window surround that’s on all 2019 Silverado models except for the LTZ and High Country, which get the chrome surround instead.
This model doesn’t have the assist steps nor the sport bar, which are part of the LPO-level Off-Road Appearance Package that includes the sport bar, premium soft roll-up tonneau cover, and off-road assist steps.
Notice the rear power-sliding rear window. Assigned RPO code A48, it comes with a rear defogger and the entire kit is included and only available with the Convenience Package II, which also includes the following features:
- Universal Home Remote
- 120-volt power outlet
- 120-volt bed-mounted power outlet
- Chevrolet Infotainment System with 8″ diagonal color touch-screen with USB ports
- SiriusXM Radio
- HD radio
- HD Rear Vision Camera
LED lights with a Chevy signature do lighting duty at the rear while the rear bumper is body-colored, with improved CornerStep cutouts. The debossed tailgate features the CHEVROLET insignia, along with Silverado badging on the driver’s side and RST badging on the passenger side.
The truck is breathing out of a single outlet behind the passenger-side rear wheel. Dual exhaust is available on the Silverado RST as part of the Z71 Off-Road Package. As such, a Silverado RST with the integrated dual exhaust setup would be an RST Z71.
Under The Hood
The 2019 Silverado RST is offered with two engines:
- 2.7L Turbo I4 L3B “TriPower” makes 310 horses and 348 pound-feet of torque is the standard motor
- 5.3L V8 L84 “EcoTec3” with Dynamic Fuel Management makes 355 horses and 383 pound-feet of torque
Both motors are exclusively mated to the improved 8-speed automatic transmission with overdrive, tow/haul mode, Cruise Grade Braking and Powertrain Grade Braking.
More 2019 Silverado Info & Reporting
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (Last-Gen K2 Platform)
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Colors
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Order Guide
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Platform
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Powertrain
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Price
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specifications
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specs
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trailboss
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Medium Duty Trucks
- 2019 Silverado 1500 Pictures
- Silverado sales numbers