Our launch coverage of Chevy’s all-new fourth-generation Silverado continues, this time with interior photos of the 2019 Silverado Custom (as per popular demand).
As we explained when showing you the exterior photos, the Silverado Custom (equipment group 1CX) is based on the base Silverado work truck and features a body-color styling scheme. The interior doesn’t stray too far from that of the Work Truck trim. Here’s our guided photo tour.
The only available configuration for the front seats is the 40/20/40 split-bench in a Jet Black cloth color (H1T). Both of the front chairs feature 4-way manual seat adjusters.
The rear seat is the standard 60/40 folding bench (that folds up) and seats three passengers; it includes a top tether anchor for the child seat. Notably, the rear seat is upgradeable to a 60/40 split seat with the rear storage package, which adds:
- Seatback storage on the left and ride side
- Center fold out armrest with two cupholders
- Underseat jack storage
All 2019 Silverado units, including the Custom, feature assist handles in the front (mounted on on the A-pillar) and in the rear (mounted in the B-pillar).
The 2019 Silverado Custom features a urethane steering wheel and a manual tilt column. A telescoping steering wheel adjustment is not available. The steering wheel features controls on the left for cruise control, which is standard on the Custom. By comparison, the 2019 Silverado Work Truck offers cruise control as an option.
Just like on the Work Truck, the right-hand-side steering wheel controls are blanked out on this model. A push-button parking brake is standard, visible just below the left-hand-side HVAC vent.
The truck’s instrument cluster features the following six gauges: speedometer, fuel level, engine temperature, tachometer, voltage and oil pressure. There’s an exterior temperature display (located in the radio display). A 3.5-inch monochromatic Driver Information Center is located between the speedo and tach. There’s also a compass located in the instrument cluster (OnStar must be ordered for the compass to work).
A Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Tire Fill Alert is standard and applies to the truck’s four tires (does not apply to spare tire).
Comfort & Convenience
The 2019 Silverado Custom features the following standard comfort and convenience features. The list is rather basic, which is the entire point of the no-frills Custom trim:
- Power door locks
- Power windows with:
- Driver express up/down
- Front passenger express down
- Rear express down
- Remote Keyless Entry with 2 transmitters
- Color-keyed floor carpeting
- Rubberized vinyl floor mat (front and rear)
- Inside rearview mirror with manual tilt (no auto-dimming mirror is available)
- Single-zone air conditioning with rear-seat HVAC vents
The 2019 Silverado Custom features the following standard in-vehicle technologies:
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system audio system (IOR) with:
- 7″ diagonal color touchscreen
- AM/FM stereo
- Bluetooth audio streaming for 2 active devices
- Voice command pass-through to phone
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Bluetooth for phone and connectivity to vehicle infotainment system
- Front auxiliary 12-volt power outlet
- Single USB port located on front of instrument panel
- Rear Vision Camera
- Teen Driver, a configurable feature that owners you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob to encourage safe driving behavior. The feature can limit certain vehicle features and prevents certain safety systems from being turned off. A vehicle report card gives owners information on driving habits.
The Silverado Custom gets a standard six-speaker audio system (UQF) along with Chevrolet 4G LTE and a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, which offers a fast and reliable Internet connection for up to 7 devices. The truck includes a data trial for 1 month or 3GB (whichever comes first). 4G LTE is included only when OnStar is ordered, itself part of the infotainment package (ZLA).
What’s more, the truck comes standard with Chevrolet Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity, which enables:
Like all fourth-gen Silverado units, the 2019 Silverado Custom features the following airbags for passenger safety:
- Dual-stage frontal airbags for driver and front outboard passenger
- Seat-mounted side-impact airbags for driver and front outboard passenger
- Head-curtain airbags for front and rear outboard seating positions
The airbag system includes front outboard Passenger Sensing System for the frontal outboard passenger airbag.
The 2019 Silverado Custom offers the following package as options:
- Custom Convenience Package (PCX):
- (BTV) Remote Start with (UTJ) content theft alarm
- (C49) Rear-window defogger
- (UF2) Bed LED cargo area lighting
- (QT5) Power lock and release with lift assist tailgate
- Infotainment Package (ZLA):
- (U2K) SiriusXM Radio
- (UE1) OnStar
- Included in Custom Value Package (PDX)
- Custom Value Package (PDX):
- (PCX) Custom Convenience Package
- (ZLA) Infotainment Package
- (Z82) Trailering Package
- Requires (G80) locking differential when equipped with 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 L82 engine
- Rear-window electric defogger (C49):
- Included and only available with (PCX) Custom Convenience Package.
- Remote vehicle start
- Included and only available with (PCX) Custom Convenience Package
- Theft-deterrent system for unauthorized entry
- Only available on Custom Convenience Package (PDX)
- Underseat rear storage (VBJ – an LPO-level item that’s dealer installed)
More 2019 Silverado Info & Reporting
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (Last-Gen K2 Platform)
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Colors
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Order Guide
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Platform
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Powertrain
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Price
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specifications
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specs
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado TrailBoss
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Medium Duty Trucks
- 2019 Silverado 1500 Pictures
- Silverado sales numbers