A video has recently been published by Hennessey Performance Engineering of their Dodge-Demon-Beating Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Exorcist being dyno tuned. With a top speed of 217mph, 1,000 bhp, and 883 lb-ft of torque, you will want to see and hear this holy monster for yourself.
The Exorcist is a very rare and exclusive aftermarket Camaro ZL1 with HPE planning to only build 100 of them. The conversion is reserved for individuals and dealers who already own a ZL1. Or, in the case of the video, a behemoth Camaro ZL1 1LE. The Exorcist can run the quarter mile in a Demon-rivaling 9.57 seconds.
What makes a ZL1 Camaro an Exorcist is a long list of upgrades, which include:
• High-flow Supercharger System
• Custom HPE Camshaft
• Ported Cylinder Heads
• Upgraded Valve Springs and Retainers
• Upgraded Intake valves & Exhaust Valves
• Upgraded Lifters and Pushrods
• High Flow Intercooling System
• Intercooler Heat Exchanger Upgrade
• Long-tube Stainless Steel Headers
• Stainless Steel Midpipes
• High Flow Catalytic Converters
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• Hennessey Exterior Badging
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• 2 Year / 24,000 Mile Limited Warranty
We’ll add, however, that despite the clever branding, HPE will also tune the Dodge Demon to horsepower levels that surpass even the Exorcist.