Buick Cascada Sales - March 2018 - United StatesIn the United States, Buick Cascada deliveries totaled 417 units in March 2018, a decrease of about 16 percent compared to 498 units sold in March 2017. The results represent the lowest ever March sales performance for the compact convertible. By comparison, the model accounted for 299 deliveries in February 2018, 202 in January 2018, 408 in December 2017, 312 deliveries in November, 350 in October, 284 in September, 364 units in August and 422 in July.
In the first three months of the year, Cascada sales decreased about 36 percent to 918 units.
|MODEL||MAR 2018 / MAR 2017||MARCH 2018||MARCH 2017||YTD 2018 / YTD 2017||YTD 2018||YTD 2017|
The GM Authority Take
Buick Cascada sales continue to fall, a circumstance that we attribute to the following factors:
- The age of the current model, particularly in the in-vehicle technology department.
- The potential saturation of the market for non-luxury convertibles, a segment that includes a redesigned Mazda MX-5 Miata, Fiat 124 Spider and Audi A3 Convertible
- The ongoing shift in consumer purchase patterns that favors CUVs and SUVs over other vehicle types like sedans, coupes and convertibles
Even so, the addition of the Cascada to the Buick lineup was meant to fill “white space” for Buick for the purpose of changing the brand’s perception and attracting new-to-brand customers. Figures released by Buick show that the Cascada has been successful in doing just that, with nearly 70 percent of Cascada customers being new to GM.
We expect Cascada sales to continue decreasing in the coming months as long as the crossover craze persists, Buick doesn’t offer significantly attractive incentives, or update it with new technologies.
About Buick Cascada
The Buick Cascada is a compact convertible. The current, first-generation Cascada was introduced for the 2016 model year. Essentially a rebadged Opel/Vauxhall Cascada, the vehicle is based on a variant of the GM Delta II platform shared with the Opel Astra and first-generation Chevrolet Cruze, Chevrolet Volt and Opel Astra J.
For the 2018 model year, the Cascada received three new exterior colors, two new convertible top colors and expanded availability of the Dark Effects Package. For the 2019 model year, The Cascada gets two changes: the removal of the Carrageen Metallic exterior color and newfound ability to get the Sport Red exterior color without getting the Dark Effects Package. In addition, the Light Neutral seats with Jet Black accents become newly available with the Sport Red exterior color.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Buick Cascada March 2017 sales
- In the United States, there were 28 selling days in March 2018 and 27 selling days in March 2017
- In Canada, there were 27 selling days in March 2018 and 27 selling days in March 2017
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM incentives and offers
- Buick Cascada information
Related Sales Reporting
- Running GM sales results
- March 2018 GM sales results
- U.S. GM March 2018 sales results
- GM Canada March 2018 sales results
- GM China March 2018 sales results
- Chevrolet Korea March 2018 sales results
- Cadillac Korea March 2018 sales results