We’ve been patiently waiting for the 2018 New York International Auto Show to see the complete details on the 2019 Cadillac XT4 compact CUV for a while now, but our sister site, Cadillac Society, got its hands on complete XT4 details ahead of the unveiling thanks to vehicle order guide information posted by GM itself.
So without further ado, here are the highlights of the 2019 Cadillac XT4.
Styling And Design
- Modern SUV proportions (not a wagon or hatch)
- Clinic-validated exterior and interior design appeal
- Up to 20″ wheels, pushed to the corners and filling the wheel wells
- New trim strategy consisting of Luxury, Premium Luxury and Sport personas
Driving, Safety And Confidence
- Engine: new 2.0L Turbo, 4-cylinder, Spark Ignition Direct Injection engine assigned RPO Code LSY making 235 horsepower (175 kW) @ 5000 rpm and 258 pound-feet of torque (350 Nm) @ 1500-4000 rpm)
- Transmission: 9-speed automatic transmission with Stop/Start (includes button to disable) and Paddle Shifters
- Front-wheel-drive standard
- All-wheel-drive optional
- Available Twin Clutch AWD with fuel-saving disconnect
- Available Continuous Damping Control (CDC) Active Sport Chassis
- Customer selectable driving modes
- Full array of radar, camera and ultrasonic advanced safety features
Luxury, Comfort And Convenience
- Expected segment-leading 2nd row leg room and knee clearance
- Authentic interior decor, cut & sewn trim, and available ambient lighting
- Keyless Open and Start
- Capless Fuel Fill
- Available Wireless Charging
- Available Air Ionizer
- Available Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound
- Available Hands-Free Liftgate
- Available massage seating
Features And Technology
- Center console Rotary Infotainment Controller
- Available Rear Camera Mirror, HD Surround Vision and Head-Up Display
- LED exterior lighting (headlamps and taillamps) with distinct Cadillac lighting signatures
- Second-generation Electronic Precision Shift (EPS)
At this point, all that’s left is to see the XT4 in photos and in person as well as to get pricing info – which is not part of the scoop. We expect to have photos of the hotly-antiticipated crossover on March 26th or 27th (if not before), and then see it with our own eyes in New York on the 27th, so stay tuned. As for pricing, that is likely weeks away, to the tune of two to five months.
You can peruse the complete, 46-page-long 2019 Cadillac XT4 order guide at your leisure here (in PDF format).
About 2019 Cadillac XT4
The Cadillac XT4 is an upcoming compact crossover that will slot under the midsize XT5 as Cadillac’s second crossover utility vehicle (CUV). The XT4 will be underpinned by the front-drive-based GM E2 platform and will be produced at the GM Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kansas.
From a business standpoint, the XT4 is of significant importance for Cadillac’s global sales growth plans, since it will fill a glaring hole in the brand’s vehicle portfolio. With just a single crossover (the XT5), Cadillac’s crossover lineup has been sorely lacking compared to competing luxury makes, all of which offer three models or more. In fact, some rivals, including BMW and Mercedes-Benz, offer up to seven CUVs/SUVs in their lineup as utility vehicle sales are experiencing rampant growth in the marketplace.
Cadillac XT4 Discussions
Discuss the XT4 in our Cadillac forum.