Chevrolet SS Sales - January 2018 - United StatesIn the United States, Chevrolet SS deliveries totaled 23 units in January 2018, a decrease of about 64 percent compared to 64 units sold in January 2017.
|MODEL||JAN 2018 / JAN 2017||JANUARY 2018||JANUARY 2017|
The GM Authority Take
Since production of the SS Sedan was discontinued in May 2017, the January sales volume represents run-out sales of SS vehicles in inventory. Last November, we reported that all SS models equipped with a manual transmission had been sold. As such, SS sales will continue dwindling until all remaining inventory models have been sold out.
Sales Results - USA - SS
Meanwhile, the Dodge Charger and the Kia Stinger have effectively replaced the SS sedan as the high-performance four-door sedan in the marketplace.
Sales Numbers - Mainstream Sport Sedans - January 2018 - United States
|MODEL||JAN 18 / JAN 17||JANUARY 18||JANUARY 17|
About Chevrolet SS
Introduced for the 2014 model year, the SS Performance Sedan was Chevrolet’s first rear-drive performance sedan since 1996. Sold only in the United States (and not available in Canada or Mexico), the SS sedan was positioned as a four-door Corvette.
Based on the Zeta platform shared with the Holden Commodore (and its variants) and the fifth-generation Chevrolet Camaro, the SS sedan was developed and produced by Holden. It is essentially a Holden Commodore SS with left-hand-drive and a few other minor changes. The SS’ sole powerplant was the 6.2L LS3 V-8 engine. A six-speed automatic transmission was available at launch. A six-speed manual became available for the 2015 model year.
Production of the Chevrolet SS Sedan ended at the GM-Holden Elizabeth factory in South Australia on May 25th, 2017. The plant will shut down in October 2017, thereby marking the discontinuation of other vehicles on GM’s Zeta platform, including the Holden Commodore, Ute, and Caprice.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevy SS January 2017 sales, except as noted
- In the United States, there were 25 selling days in January 2018 and 24 selling days in January 2017
- Dodge Charger sales includes all Dodge Charger variants
- Kia Stinger sales includes all Kia Stinger variants
Related News & Info
Related Sales Reporting
- Running GM sales results
- January 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM January 2017 sales results
- GM Canada January 2017 sales results
- Canada January 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada January 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada January 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada January 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China January 2017 sales results
- Global January 2017 Cadillac sales results