Global sales of new Cadillac vehicles totaled 31,330 units in January 2018, an increase of 5.2 percent year-over-year, marking the 20th consecutive month of global sales growth for the brand.
“With a strong start to 2018, our results show that consumers across the globe are continuing to respond positively to Cadillac products,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Enthusiasm continues to grow both in the sedan market as well as in the SUV segment, despite new entrants into the category. These results give us confidence as we head into a momentous year, marked by an aggressive product offensive beginning with the introduction of the all-new Cadillac XT4 later this year.”
January 2018 Cadillac Sales By Model
Cadillac did not provide sales on a per-model basis for January, a practice that the brand began to implement at the end of 2016.
The brand did, however, state that sales were spurred by the Cadillac XT5 luxury crossover, which remains Cadillac’s top-selling product with a total of 12,113 units delivered worldwide thus far in 2018, thereby accounting for roughly 39 percent of all Cadillac sales for the month.
What’s more, Cadillac sedan sales were also strong in January, with sales of CT6 up 24.3 percent, XTS up 12.5 percent and ATS up 4.9 percent.
January 2018 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales decreased in the United States and in Canada while increasing in China:
- Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 3.9 percent or 403 units to 9,895 units:
- Retail sales increased 9.3 percent or 751 units to 8,828 vehicles
- Fleet sales decreased 52 percent or 1,154 units to 1,067 vehicles
- The Cadillac SUV portfolio was up 1.4 percent year-over-year in total sales, with a 2.7 percent and 2.0 percent increase in sales of XT5 and Escalade, respectively.
- Cadillac sales in China increased 12.3 percent to 20,222 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada decreased 12.5 percent to 575 units:
- Retail sales decreased 15.3 percent to 509 vehicles
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW, or Rest of World) decreased 21.2 percent to 638 units
Cadillac did not provide individual sales figures for Mexico, Europe and South Korea or the Middle East, instead including sales from those markets in the single ROW (Rest of World) line item. It did, however, say that sales in South Korea and Japan also made significant gains for the month.
Sales Results - Cadillac - Global - January 2018
|Market||January 2018 / January 2017||January 2018||January 2017|
January 2018 Average Transaction Prices (ATPs)
Cadillac says that it is continuing to focus on high-quality retail business in the United States while reducing exposure to fleet sales. That is witnessed in the brand’s 52 percent decrease in fleet sales in January.
Cadillac’s average transaction prices in the United States continue to be the second-highest among major luxury automotive brands, remaining around $54,000.
About The Figures
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac January 2017 sales, except as noted
- In the United States, there were 25 selling days in January 2018 and 24 selling days in January 2017
- In Canada, there were 25 selling days in January 2018 and 24 selling days in January 2017
- Data is not adjusted for the difference in selling days
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales, which are included in the R.O.W. column, are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European dealerships selling Cadillacs
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- GM incentives and offers
- January 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM January 2017 sales results
- U.S. January 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- U.S. January 2017 Cadillac sales results
- U.S. January 2017 Buick sales results
- U.S. January 2017 GMC sales results
- GM Canada January 2017 sales results
- Canada January 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada January 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada January 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada January 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China January 2017 sales results
- Global January 2017 Cadillac sales results (this page)
- U.S. GM January 2017 sales results