The driver of a 2015 Buick LaCrosse was in for an unwelcome surprise after flipping on his heated seat. Within five minutes of starting the car, owner Wade Kerley noted a burning smell and realized the seat was burning his back.
Kerley exited the car after he reached behind his back and the seat burnt his hand. By this time, a small fire had broken out. Thankfully, he wasn’t seriously injured, but his clothes were singed in the process. The owner beat the fire out and quickly contacted a local dealership and General Motors.
According to the report, both turned Kerley away and cited the warranty’s expiration as their answer.
Following the incident, The Drive reached out to GM for a comment on the situation. GM’s Communications Manager for Cybersecurity and Safety, Tom Wilkinson, responded and said the automaker will look into the seat heater fire. At the time of the report, GM hadn’t examined the 2015 LaCrosse and did not have any more information.