Chevrolet SS Sales - October 2017 - United StatesIn the United States, Chevrolet SS deliveries totaled 150 units in October 2017, a decrease of about 73 percent compared to 554 units sold in October 2016.
In the first ten months of the year, SS sales increased about 16 percent to 3,131 units.
|MODEL||OCT 2017 / OCT 2016||OCTOBER 2017||OCTOBER 2016||YTD 2017 / YTD 2016||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
The GM Authority Take
Since production of the SS Sedan was discontinued in May, we imagine that the October sales volume represents run-out sales of vehicles in inventory. Earlier in November, we reported that all SS models equipped with a manual transmission had been sold. As such, SS sales will continue dwindling until all remaining inventory models had been sold out.
About Chevrolet SS
Introduced for the 2014 model year, the SS Performance Sedan was Chevrolet’s first rear-drive performance sedan since 1996. Sold only in the United States (and not available in Canada or Mexico), the SS sedan was positioned as a four-door Corvette.
Based on the Zeta platform shared with the Holden Commodore (and its variants) and the fifth-generation Chevrolet Camaro, the SS sedan was developed and produced by Holden. It is essentially a Holden Commodore SS with left-hand-drive and a few other minor changes. The SS’ sole powerplant was the 6.2L LS3 V-8 engine. A six-speed automatic transmission was available at launch. A six-speed manual became available for the 2015 model year.
Production of the Chevrolet SS Sedan ended at the GM-Holden Elizabeth factory in South Australia on May 25th, 2017. The plant will shut down in October 2017, thereby marking the discontinuation of other vehicles on GM’s Zeta platform, including the Holden Commodore, Ute, and Caprice.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet SS October 2016 sales
- In the United States, there were 25 selling days in October 2017 and 26 selling days in October 2016
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM incentives and offers
- Chevrolet SS information
Related Sales Reporting
- Running GM sales results
- October 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM October 2017 sales results
- GM Canada October 2017 sales results
- Canada October 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada October 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada October 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada October 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China October 2017 sales results
- Global October 2017 Cadillac sales results