Buick Cascada Sales - October 2017 - United StatesIn the United States, Buick Cascada deliveries totaled 350 units in October 2017, a decrease of about 3 percent compared to 361 units sold in October 2016. The results compare to 284 deliveries in September, 364 units in August, and 422 in July.
In the first ten months of the year, Cascada sales decreased about 21 percent to 4,875 units.
|MODEL||OCT 2017 / OCT 2016||OCTOBER 2017||OCTOBER 2016||YTD 2017 / YTD 2016||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
Note: the Buick Cascada is sold only in the United States. It is not available in the other markets where Buick has a direct presence, including Canada, Mexico or China.
The GM Authority Take
Sales of the Buick Cascada are continuing to fade as the model faces competition from the Audi A3 Convertible. What’s more, we don’t image that the ongoing shift in consumer purchase dynamics that favors CUVs and SUVs over other vehicle types like sedans, coupes and convertibles is helping Cascada sales.
Even so, the Cascada was always meant as a vehicle to fill “white space” for Buick, enabling it to change the brand’s perception as well as to attract new-to-brand customers. Numbers released by GM show that the Cascada has been successful in doing just that, with nearly 70 percent of Cascada customers being new to GM.
We expect Cascada sales to continue steady or decrease in the coming months as long as the crossover craze persists.
About Buick Cascada
The Buick Cascada is a compact convertible. The current, first-generation Cascada was introduced for the 2016 model year. Essentially a rebadged Opel/Vauxhall Cascada, the vehicle is based on a variant of the GM Delta II platform shared with the Opel Astra and first-generation Chevrolet Cruze, Chevrolet Volt and Opel Astra J.
For the 2018 model year, the Cascada gets three new exterior colors, two new convertible top colors and expanded availability of the Dark Effects Package.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Buick Cascada October 2016 sales
- In the United States, there were 25 selling days in October 2017 and 26 selling days in October 2016
- In Canada, there were 24 selling days in October 2017 and 25 selling days in October 2016
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM incentives and offers
- Buick Cascada information
Related Sales Reporting
- Running GM sales results
- October 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM October 2017 sales results
- GM Canada October 2017 sales results
- Canada October 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada October 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada October 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada October 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China October 2017 sales results
- Global October 2017 Cadillac sales results