Chevrolet Camaro Sales - September 2017 - United StatesIn the United States, Chevrolet Camaro deliveries totaled 7,430 units in September 2017, an increase of about 13 percent compared to 6,577 units sold in September 2016.
In the first nine months of the year, Camaro sales decreased about 1 percent to 53,727 units.
|MODEL||SEP 2017 / SEP 2016||SEPTEMBER 2017||SEPTEMBER 2016||YTD 2017 / YTD 2016||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
The GM Authority Take
The 13 percent increase in September Camaro deliveries enabled the model to outpace its closest competitors as well as the segment as a whole. By comparison, Dodge Challenger sales decreased 16.11 percent to 4,780 units while Ford Mustang sales decreased 9 percent to 5,847 units. As such, the Camaro took first place in the mainstream sports car sales race in September, ahead of the Mustang in second and Challenger in third. With the Camaro in first, order has seemingly been restored to the pony car world… at least for the time being.
We attribute the positive change in September Camaro sales to attractive incentives for the 2017 model, which supports our theory that the biggest issue holding back sixth-gen Camaro sales is the higher pricing structure. Specific information about September Camaro incentives can be found at the following links:
- 2017 Chevrolet Camaro incentives for September 2017
- 2018 Chevrolet Camaro incentives for September 2017
In the first nine months of 2017, U.S. Camaro sales have decreased 1.48 percent to 53,727 units. All kinds of reasons have been provided for the ongoing decline in Camaro sales performance, but the most prominent is the higher pricing of the sixth-gen Camaro, supposedly due to a strategic change within GM to sell fewer models at a higher profit. What’s more, with the exception a bonus cash offers along with specific incentives to lure Mustang owners, Chevrolet has largely refrained from piling incentives onto the sixth-gen Camaro while the competition has not been as disciplined.
Sales Numbers - Mainstream Two-Door Sports Cars - September 2017 - USA
|MODEL||SEP 17 / SEP 16||SEPTEMBER 17||SEPTEMBER 16||YTD 17 / YTD 16||YTD 17||YTD 16|
September sales of the pony car segment consisting of the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger decreased 3.46 percent to 18,057 units. In the first nine months of the year, segment sales decreased 12.8 percent to 168,199 units with the Mustang leading in overall sales volume in first place, the Camaro in second, and the Challenger in third. As such, it would appear that the Camaro’s overall sales performance shows that the vehicle is making a slow turnaround after the depressed sales performance of 2016 and 2017.
About Chevrolet Camaro
Based on the GM Alpha platform, the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro represents the third model year of the sixth-generation Camaro. Though the vehicle is the newest and often considered to be the most competitive in its segment, it has seen slowing sales compared to its predecessor – a circumstance believed to be the result of being more expensive.
A refresh to the Camaro is coming for the 2019 model year. The updated model is expected to bring freshened front and rear ends and a revised trim level structure to bring about a lower price point for the sixth-gen Camaro.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Camaro September 2017 sales, except as noted
- In the United States, there were 26 selling days in September 2017 and 25 selling days in September 2016
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM incentives
- Chevy Camaro information
Related Sales Reporting
- Running GM sales results
- September 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM September 2017 sales results
- U.S. September 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- U.S. September 2017 Cadillac sales results
- U.S. September 2017 Buick sales results
- U.S. September 2017 GMC sales results
- GM Canada September 2017 sales results
- Canada September 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada September 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada September 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada September 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China September 2017 sales results
- Global September 2017 Cadillac sales results
- U.S. GM September 2017 sales results