Having set a new monthly sales record for each of the past six months and on track to reach 20,000 sales for the 2017 calendar year, the Chevrolet Bolt EV is on a roll. But that’s the 2017 model we’re talking about. What about the 2018 Bolt?
The circumstances surrounding the 2018 model are rather curious: though dealers have full information about every 2018 model in the GM lineup (even about all-new vehicles that aren’t on sale yet, such as the 2018 Buick Regal), they have zero information about the 2018 Bolt. What’s more, dealers can place an order on every 2018 model year vehicle in the GM portfolio, except for the 2018 Bolt.
This chain of events leads us to believe that Chevy has something up its sleeve for the 2018 Bolt EV — and that it’s waiting to release this information.
At this point, we’d just be guessing about what the 2018 Bolt changes could entail, but our bets would be on either some or all of the following:
- Possible semi-autonomous driving technology
- Upgraded powertrain for a longer driving range
- Revised exterior color palette
- Revised interior color palette
- Revised trim levels and equipment groups
- Revised dashboard to address the reported glare issues
What would you like to see from the 2018 Bolt EV? Sound off in the comments below.
More Information & Reporting
- Chevrolet info
- General Motors news
- Running General Motors sales numbers