Global sales of new Cadillac vehicles totaled 32,084 units in August 2017, an increase of 13.5 percent year-over-year. The results represent the 15th consecutive month of global sales volume growth.
The brand is on pace to surpass last year’s total of 308,718 vehicles sold, with year-to-date sales up 39,354 units to 221,566 units compared to August 2016.
“The transformation of Cadillac continues to accelerate with the globalization of our commercial footprint,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “The market share expansion in international markets and the escalation of transaction prices in the United States creates a strong foundation for sustainable growth.”
In the first eight months of 2017, global Cadillac sales increased 13.5 percent to 32,084 units.
August 2017 Cadillac Sales By Model
Cadillac did not provide sales on a per-model basis in August, a practice that the brand implementing at the end of 2016. It did, however, state that the XT5 luxury crossover continues to lead sales for the brand with 89,111 units delivered worldwide in the first eight months of 2017, and August was the model’s second-best month in the U.S. with 7,236 units sold. Global sales of the ATS model grew 8.9 percent for the month, driven by market share gains in the U.S. and Canada, while XTS rose 9.8 percent for the month.
August 2017 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales decreased in the United States while increasing in China and Canada:
- Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 8.1 percent to 15,016 units:
- Retail sales decreased 14.3 percent or 1,998 units to 11,992 vehicles
- Fleet sales increased 28.4 percent or 668 units to 3,023 vehicles
- Cadillac sales in China increased 37.1 percent to 12,006 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada increased 9.9 percent to 1,275 units:
- Retail sales increased 19.3 percent to 1,246 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW, or Rest of World) decreased 6.8 percent to 779 units
- Sales in the Middle East, Israel and South Korea saw “significant gains”
Unlike in the first four months of 2017, Cadillac did not provide individual sales figures for Mexico, Europe and South Korea or the Middle East; instead, it has bundled sales from those markets in the single ROW (Rest of World) line item for August.
Sales Summary - August 2017 - Cadillac - Global
|Market||August 2017 / August 2016||August 2017||August 2016||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
August 2017 Average Transaction Prices (ATPs)
According to the J.D. Power Information Network, the average transaction price for a new Cadillac in the U.S. during August 2017 remained around $54,000, maintaining the second-highest U.S. average transaction price among major luxury automotive brands.
About The Figures
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac August 2016 sales, except as noted
- In Canada, there were 26 selling days in August 2017 and 25 selling days in August 2016
- In the United States, there were 27 selling days in August 2017 and 25 selling days in August 2016
- Data is not adjusted for the difference in selling days
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European dealerships selling Cadillacs
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- August 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM August 2017 sales results
- GM Canada August 2017 sales results
- GM China August 2017 sales results