Global sales of new Cadillac vehicles totaled 25,231 units in July 2017, an increase of 1.8 percent year-over-year. The results represent the 14th consecutive month of sales volume growth for the brand.
“Cadillac is attracting youthful and affluent buyers that have never experienced the brand. This resulted in fourteen consecutive months of global sales growth,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen.
In the first seven months of 2017, global Cadillac sales have increased 23.1 percent to 189,461 units.
July 2017 Cadillac Sales By Model
Cadillac did not provide sales on a per-model basis in July, a practice that first started at the end of 2016. It did, however, state that the XT5 luxury crossover continues to lead the brand’s sales with 75,659 units delivered worldwide so far in 2017, while achieving its second-best month in the United States with 5,504 sold during the month.
What’s more, sales of the CT6 grew 62.6 percent for the month, driven by market share gains in the USA and China. Sales of the ATS rose 7.9 percent for the month.
July 2017 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales decreased in the United States but increased in China and Canada:
- Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 21.7 percent to 11,227 units:
- Retail sales decreased 22 percent to 10,527 units
- Fleet sales decreased 17.5 percent to 700 units
- Cadillac sales in China increased 37.1 percent to 12,006 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada increased 40.7 percent to 1,223 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW, or Rest of World) decreased 4.1 percent to 775 units
- Cadillac sales in South Korea saw “significant gains”, according to the brand
Unlike in the first four months of 2017, Cadillac did not provide individual sales figures for Mexico, Europe and South Korea or the Middle East; instead, it has bundled sales from those markets in the single ROW (Rest of World) line item for July.
Sales Summary - July 2017 - Cadillac - Global
|Market||July 2017 / July 2016||July 2017||July 2016||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
July 2017 Average Transaction Prices (ATPs)
According to the J.D. Power Information Network, the average transaction price for a new Cadillac in the U.S. in July 2017 remained above $54,000, the second-highest U.s. average transaction price among major luxury automotive brands.
About The Figures
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac July 2016 sales, except as noted
- In Canada, there were 25 selling days in July 2017 and 26 selling days in July 2016
- In the United States, there were 25 selling days in July 2017 and 26 selling days in July 2016
- Data is not adjusted for the difference in selling days
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European dealerships selling Cadillacs
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- July 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM July 2017 sales results
- GM Canada July 2017 sales results
- Canada July 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada July 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada July 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada July 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China July 2017 sales results