Buick Cascada sales decreased 33.3 percent to 422 deliveries in the United States in July 2017 compared to 633 units sold in July 2016.
In the first seven months of 2017, sales of the compact convertible have decreased 17.6 percent to 3,877 units.
Sales Numbers - Buick Cascada - July 2017 - United States
|MODEL||JUL 2017 / JUL 2016||JULY 2017||JULY 2016||YTD 2017 / YTD 2016||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
In North America, the Cascada is marketed only in the United States. It is not available in Canada or Mexico.
The GM Authority Take
The Cascada has accounted for 11,030 deliveries since its U.S. launch in January 2016, thereby fulfilling its objective of filling “white space” for Buick. As such, the drop experienced in July and in the first seven months of 2017 shouldn’t come as a significant surprise given that 2016 sales figures were boosted by strong sales performance associated with the model’s launch cycle.
It would seem that the more pertinent question is whether the Cascada, or a vehicle like it, has a long-term future given GM’s sale of its European Opel-Vauxhall unit, which developed the vehicle and is responsible for its production at the GM-Opel Gliwice factory in Poland.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to GM July 2016 sales, except as noted
- There were 25 selling days in July 2017 and 26 selling days in July 2016
Related News & Info
- GM news
- Buick Cascada information
Related Sales Reporting
- Running GM sales results
- July 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM July 2017 sales results
- GM Canada July 2017 sales results
- Canada July 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada July 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada July 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada July 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China July 2017 sales results
- Global July 2017 Cadillac sales results