Global sales of new Cadillac vehicles totaled 27,636 units in June 2017, an increase of 7.2 percent year-over-year. Despite being an increase, the results do put an end to the brand’s 12 consecutive months of double-digit percentage growth.
“Cadillac continues to grow globally, despite the shift away from sedans in the U.S. market,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “The success of the XT5 and the increase in sales of the CT6 shows that we are attracting unique buyers to the brand, building momentum for our incredible product offensive beginning next year.”
In the first six months of 2017, global Cadillac sales have increased 27.1 percent to 164,174 units.
June 2017 Cadillac Sales By Model
Cadillac did not provide sales on a per-model basis in June, a practice that first started at the end of 2016. It did, however, state that the Cadillac XT5 accounted for 10,900 sales in June, being its best-seller globally.
In addition, sales of the Cadillac CT6 grew 40.4 percent during the month, while Cadillac Escalade sales rose 11.1 percent.
June 2017 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales decreased in the United States and in Canada, while increasing in China and various global markets in June 2017:
- Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 11.8 percent to 12,580 units:
- Retail sales decreased 12.1 percent to 11,854 units
- Fleet sales decreased 6.1 percent to 726 units
- Cadillac sales in China increased 34.9 percent to 12,886 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada decreased 2.13 percent to 1,102 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW, or Rest of World) increased 26.5 percent to 1,068 units
Unlike in the first four months of 2017, Cadillac did not provide individual sales figures for Mexico, Europe and South Korea or the Middle East; instead, it has bundled sales from those markets in the single ROW (Rest of World) line item for June.
Sales Summary - June 2017 - Cadillac - Global
|Market||June 2017 / June 2016||June 2017||June 2016||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
June 2017 Average Transaction Prices (ATPs)
According to the J.D. Power Information Network, the average transaction price for a new Cadillac in the U.S. in the first six months of 2017 was roughly $54,000, the second-highest among major luxury automotive brands.
About The Figures
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac June 2016 sales, except as noted
- In Canada, there were 26 selling days in June 2017 and 26 selling days in June 2016
- In the United States, there were 26 selling days in June 2017 and 26 selling days in June 2016
- Data is not adjusted for the difference in selling days
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European dealerships selling Cadillacs
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- June 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM June 2017 sales results
- GM Canada June 2017 sales results
- GM China June 2017 sales results
- Global Cadillac June 2017 sales results