Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Police Patrol Vehicle) deliveries in the United States totaled 41 units in May 2017, a decrease of 57.7 percent compared to 97 units sold in May 2016. In the first five months of 2017, sales of the now-discontinued police-exclusive full-size sedan decreased 29 percent to 213 units.
Sales Numbers - Chevrolet Caprice - May 2017 - United States
|MODEL||MAY 2017 / MAY 2016||MAY 2017||MAY 2016||YTD 2017 / YTD 2016||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
About Chevrolet Caprice
For the North American market, the Caprice PPV is imported from the GM’s Holden division in Australia and is sold exclusively to police fleets in the United States; it is not available in Canada or Mexico. The Caprice is, however, available for purchase to civilians as a used vehicle once it has been decommissioned by police departments.
The Caprice PPV along with its Zeta platform mates — the Holden Caprice, Chevrolet SS, Holden Commodore, and Holden Ute — have either gone out of production or are scheduled to go out of production, as the GM-Holden Elizabeth plant is set for closure in October 2017. Production of the Caprice PPV ceased on May 19th, while Chevy SS production ended on May 25th, 2017.
Related News & Info
Related Sales Reporting
- Running GM sales results
- May 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM May 2017 sales results
- GM Canada May 2017 sales results
- Canada May 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada May 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada May 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada May 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China May 2017 sales results
- Global May 2017 Cadillac sales results