Global sales of new Cadillac vehicles totaled 29,738 units in May 2017, an increase of 33.8 percent year-over-year, marking the 12th consecutive month of double-digit percentage growth for the brand, and the continued execution of the brand’s globalization strategy.
“Cadillac has earned double-digit monthly gains in global sales growth for an entire year,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Not only have we increased sales volume with the success of vehicles such as the XT5 luxury crossover, but we also continue to see consumers selecting a richer mix of models, keeping Cadillac’s average transaction prices amongst the highest for a mainstream luxury brand.”
In the first five months of 2017, global Cadillac sales have increased 32 percent to 136,525 units.
May 2017 Cadillac Sales By Model
Cadillac did not provide sales on a per-model basis in May. It did, however, state that sales in the midsize luxury crossover space (the Cadillac XT5) increased 43.6 percent in the first five months of 2017. Since launching in mid-2016, the XT5 has become the brand’s best-seller worldwide, with global May sales totaling 11,530 units.
Sales of Cadillac’s ATS sport sedan and coupe models grew 45.2 percent for the month, while sales of the XTS luxury sedan rose 20.7 percent.
May 2017 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales rose in the United States, Canada and China in May 2017:
- Cadillac sales in the United States increased 9.2 percent to 13,211 units:
- Retail sales increased 9.8 percent to 12,708 units
- Fleet sales decreased 4.2 percent to 503 units
- Cadillac sales in China increased 65.2 percent to 14,154 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada increased 57.9 percent to 1,435 units, representing the brand’s best-ever total and retail sales ever
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW, or Rest of World) increased 43 percent to 938 units
Unlike in the first four months of 2017, Cadillac did not provide individual sales figures for Mexico, Europe and South Korea or the Middle East; instead, it has bundled sales from those markets in the single ROW (Rest of World) line item for May.
Sales Summary - May 2017 - Cadillac - Global
|Market||May 2017 / May 2016||May 2017||May 2016||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
May 2017 Average Transaction Prices (ATPs)
According to the J.D. Power Information Network, the average transaction price for a new Cadillac in the U.S. in May remained above $54,000, the second-highest among major luxury automotive brands.
About The Figures
- All percent change figures compared to May 2016, except as noted
- In Canada, there were 25 selling days in May 2017 and 24 selling days in May 2016
- In the United States, there were 25 selling days in May 2017 and 24 selling days in May 2016
- Data is not adjusted for the difference in selling days
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European dealerships selling Cadillacs
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- May 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM May 2017 sales results
- GM Canada May 2017 sales results
- Canada May 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada May 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada May 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada May 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China May 2017 sales results