Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Police Patrol Vehicle) deliveries in the United States totaled 61 units in April 2017, a healthy increase compared to 18 units sold in April 2016. In the first four months of 2017, sales of the police-only full-size sedan decreased 15.3 percent to 172 units.
Sales Numbers - Chevrolet Caprice - April 2017 - United States
|MODEL||APR 2017 / APR 2016||APRIL 2017||APRIL 2016||YTD 2017 / YTD 2016||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
For the North American market, the Caprice PPV is imported from the GM’s Holden division in Australia and is sold exclusively to police fleets in the United States; it is not available in Canada or Mexico. The Caprice is, however, available for purchase to civilians as a used vehicle once it has been decommissioned by police departments.
The Caprice PPV along with its Zeta platform mates — the Holden Caprice, Chevrolet SS, Holden Commodore, and Holden Ute — have either gone out of production or are scheduled to go out of production, as the GM-Holden Elizabeth plant is set for closure in October 2017. Production of the Caprice PPV ceased on May 19th, while Chevy SS production ended on May 25th, 2017.
Related News & Info
Related Sales Reporting
- Running GM sales results
- April 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM April 2017 sales results
- GM Canada April 2017 sales results
- Canada April 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada April 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada April 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada April 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China April 2017 sales results
- Global April 2017 Cadillac sales results