The 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 is the most powerful Camaro ever produced. We’re sure you’ve already seen the numbers: 650 horsepower with 650 lb-ft of torque; 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds; quarter-mile in 11.5 seconds at 125 mph. As if that weren’t enough, the nimble ZL1 takes corners with the mannerisms of a modern sports car rather than a traditional, crude pony. Needless to say, it’s an extremely capable vehicle.
But for some, it still isn’t enough.
Hennessey’s first attempt to satisfy customers still hungry for more performance was the HPE750 package. But now, shoppers can opt instead for a higher-output HPE850 package, which you’ll see in the video above, or the even-more-ballistic HPE1000 package, for the most extreme of drivers.
The HPE850 package brings the ZL1’s output to 735 hp @ 6,300 rpm and 706 lb-ft of torque @ 4,100 rpm, at the rear wheels. Hennessey says that’s enough to get the ZL1 from 0 to 60 in just 2.9 seconds, and through the quarter-mile in just 10.5 seconds.
HPE850 Package Components
•Hennessey Lower Pulley Upgrade
• High Flow Cylinder Heads
• Upgraded Valve Springs, Intake & Exhaust Valves
• Upgraded Lifters & Push Rods
• High-Flow Air Induction System
• Long-tube Stainless Steel Headers
• Stainless Steel Midpipes
• High Flow Catalytic Converters
• Custom Hennessey Camshaft upgrade
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• 1 of 100 Limited Production Dash & Engine Plaques
• Hennessey & HPE850 Exterior Emblems
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• 2 Year / 24,000 Mile Limited Warrant
If the numbers and specs don’t do anything for you, perhaps listening to the tantalizing exhaust note of the HPE850 ZL1 in this video will do the trick.
For more details on the HPE850 package, click here.