Global sales of new Cadillac vehicles totaled 21,460 units in February 2017, an increase of 18.6 percent year-over-year, marking the ninth consecutive month of double-digit percentage increases for the brand.
“Cadillac is earning sustained global growth, registering double-digit gains for nine consecutive months,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “While growing the business significantly, we are at the same time elevating the aspirational character of the brand. Average transaction price growth in the U.S. market continues to be strong, reflecting both our disciplined strategy and the rising value customers are placing on Cadillac’s product substance.”
In the first two months of 2017, global Cadillac sales have increased 32.3 percent to 51,233 units.
February 2017 Cadillac Sales By Model
Cadillac did not provide sales on a per-model basis in February. It did, however, state that sales in the midsize luxury crossover space (the Cadillac XT5) grew 46 percent in February and have increased 49.3 percent in the first two months of 2017. Since launching in mid-2016, the XT5 has quickly become one of the U.S. market’s best-selling luxury models.
February 2017 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales rose in three global markets in February, including a sharp increase in China as well as growth in Canada and the Middle East. Meanwhile, sales volume fell in the United States were down. It is worth noting that, unlike in the first 10 months of 2016, Cadillac did not provide individual sales figures for Mexico, Europe and South Korea; instead, it has bundled sales from those countries in the single ROW (Rest of World) line item.
February 2017 Cadillac sales summary by market versus February 2016:
- Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 8.6 percent to 10,823 units; retail sales were down 9.8 percent while fleet sales were up 2.2 percent
- Cadillac sales in China increased 89.6 percent to 9,034 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada increased 10 percent to 754 units, representing the brand’s best February sales performance since 1980
- Cadillac sales in the Middle East increased 3 percent to 339 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW, or Rest of World) increased 6.9 percent to 510 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - February 2017 - Global - By Market
|Market||February 2017 / February 2016||February 2017||February 2016||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
February 2017 Average Transaction Prices (ATPs)
According to the J.D. Power Information Network, the average U.S. transaction price for a new Cadillac in February rose $890 to $54,590, thousands more than luxury competitors such as BMW, Audi and Lexus.
About The Figures
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European dealerships selling Cadillacs
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- February 2017 GM sales results