Global sales of Cadillac vehicles totaled 28,228 new vehicles in August 2016, an increase of 23.7 percent year-over-year.
August 2016 Cadillac Sales By Model
On a model basis, sales of the Cadillac ATS, XTS and Escalade increased year-over-year, while those of the CTS plus the now-discontinued ELR and SRX decreased. The brand’s two all-new products — the 2017 Cadillac XT5 midsize crossover and 2016 Cadillac CT6 full-size prestige sedan — drove sales even further.
The sales gains were led by the new XT5 crossover, which recorded 8,523 sales — the most since its launch this past spring. Additionally, 1,870 units of the new CT6 were delivered — the vehicle’s best sales performance since launch.
- Cadillac ATS sales increased 18.4 percent to 6,046 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 13.5 percent to 1,722 units
- Cadillac ELR sales decreased 87 percent to 6 units
- Cadillac XTS sales increased 52.9 percent to 4,831 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales totaled 1,870 units, the highest since its introduction
- Cadillac SRX sales decreased 81.2 percent to 1,704 units as remaining inventory of the discontinued midsize crossover sells out and it is replaced with the new XT5
- Cadillac XT5 sales totaled 8,523 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 2 percent to 3,526 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - August 2016 - Global - By Model
|Model||August 2016 / August 2015||August 2016||August 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
August 2016 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac’s growth in August was fueled by increases in its two largest markets markets — the United States and China. Sales were also up in Mexico, South Korea, and the combined EU and Russia market. The Middle East and Canada were the only markets to see sales decline.
“We are seeing consistent progress on our mission to grow global volume while simultaneously building brand prestige,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Product substance is the foundation of our disciplined approach to global expansion.”
August 2016 Cadillac sales summary by market versus August 2015:
- Cadillac sales in the United States increased 3.9 percent to 16,346 units
- Cadillac sales in China increased 93.4 percent to 9,914 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada decreased 6.5 percent to 1,160 units
- Cadillac sales in the Middle East decreased 6.3 percent to 295 units
- Cadillac sales in Mexico increased 34.2 percent to 157 units
- Cadillac sales in South Korea increased 63.3 percent to 147 units
- Cadillac sales in the EU and Russia (treated as a single market by Cadillac) increased 22.1 percent to 138 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW) decreased 1.4 percent to 71 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - August 2016 - Global - By Market
|Market||August 2016 / August 2015||August 2016||August 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
|EU & Russia||+22.1%||138||113||+33.6%||1,281||959|
Average Transaction Prices
In the U.S. market, Cadillac’s Average Transaction Prices (ATP) topped $53,000 per unit, according to J.D. Power Information Network, the highest among full-line luxury brands.
The Cadillac CT6 full-size sedan establishes a new top of Cadillac’s sedan range. The vehicle is assembled in both Detroit and Shanghai.
About The Figures
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European Cadillac dealerships