This past Tuesday marked the second iteration of General Motors’ Silent Cruise down Woodward Avenue, a precursor to the noise and congestion that is the Woodward Dream Cruise.
As part of the event, GM and Chevrolet brought along a handful of pre-production 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EVs for some lucky attendees to take for a ride. From the passenger seat, one individual recorded his experience and also uncovered a few additional details about the upcoming electric vehicle.
The details, sorted out by Inside EVs, are as follows:
- The Bolt EV produces more power at higher RPMs than the Nissan Leaf or Chevrolet Volt
- A more powerful heater will be included for quicker warm-up times
- Michelin Energy Saver, all-season tires will be standard and also identical to the Volt’s
- The orange hue found on the Bolt EV show car is not intended for production, but an orange will be offered
- The “L” setting on the gear selector will bring the Bolt EV to a halt, but does not have a creep function. Drive, however, does.