General Motors has received not one, two or even three J.D. Power APEAL Study Awards, but six. GM was bestowed with all six awards in the most recent J.D. Power Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) study, leading multiple segments.
Through the survey, owners rank their vehicles across 77 attributes to understand how a new vehicle performs, how it drives and what it has been like to own. The score is measured on a 1,000 point scale.
The awards for each GM brand are as follows:
- Sonic – Segment Award, Small Car (2nd Year in a Row)
- Camaro – Segment Award, Midsize Sporty Car
- Colorado – Midsize Pickup (2nd Year in a Row)
- Tahoe – Large SUV
- Silverado – Ranks Third, Large Light Duty Pickup
- Silverado HD – Ranks Second, Large Heavy Duty Pickup
- Sierra HD – Segment Award, Large Heavy Duty Pickup (2nd Year in a Row)
- Sierra – Ranks Second, Large Light Duty Pickup
- Canyon – Ranks Second, Midsize Pickup
- Escalade – Ranks Second, Large Premium SUV