The 2016 Cadillac ATS was developed from the ground up for driving performance. The range comes in a wide variety of flavors: four-door sedan, two-door coupe, and high-performance variants of each. And that’s not to mention the various engine and drivetrain options. And, building on the Cadillac’s digital strategy, this video touches upon all of the highlights of the ATS.
Nimble and sporty, the ATS puts the driver in complete control thanks to the stiff Alpha platform, nimble chassis, available Brembo brakes, and ZF steering. Those combine with multiple driving modes to give ATS drivers the performance to match any road. In addition, the available Magnetic Ride Control adapts to changing road surfaces in milliseconds, delivering a ride that’s as comfortable as it is nimble.
When it comes to power, the ATS offers four engine choices for the sedan, and three for the coupe: the sedan offers the 2.5L LCV four-pot as the base engine (which goes away in the 2017 ATS), and the turbocharged 2.0 LTG and naturally-aspirated 3.6L LGX V6 are optional. Meanwhile, the coupe only offers the latter two units — the boosted 2.0L, the most powerful turbo four in its class, and the atmospheric 3.6L. Each engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters, while a 6-speed manual gearbox is available on the turbo four. Topping the range is the ATS-V and its 464-horsepower LF4 twin-turbocharged V6. The ATS-V can be had either with a six-speed stick or an eight-speed auto with paddles, sending power exclusively to the rear wheels.
On the inside, handcrafted leather appointments are available, as are Recaro sport seats, a sport steering wheel and magnesium paddle shifters. All help accentuate the sense of quality throughout the cabin.
Of course there’s much more to the Cadillac ATS than just what’s under the hood: the compact luxury range is also available with all the latest GM technology, including:
- OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot (included with Cadillac CUE)
- Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity with natural voice recognition
- Text-to-voice, which converts incoming text messages to speech and reads them over the audio system speakers
- USB and auxiliary input ports
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio with three-month trial subscription
- Bose sound system
- Reconfigurable 5.7-inch, three-window instrument panel cluster display
- New power-assisted tilting and telescoping steering column added to the Premium Collection
- Full-color reconfigurable head-up display
All in all, the video is highly product-focused, and shows that there is a lot to be excited about with the ATS range. So, click play, and see what all the hype is about in this video starring the ATS Coupe, an airplane, and people that not only look handsome, but also successful.