Those familiar with the outgoing second-generation Buick LaCrosse might be acquainted with the HiPer Strut front suspension system. Short for High Performance Strut, the system was designed by GM to improve on the common MacPherson Strut front suspension design to reduce torque steer and increase front axle grip, thereby resulting in optimized tire contact with the road in front-wheel-drive vehicles. In the 2017 Buick LaCrosse, the suspension is part of an optional HiPer Strut package, which includes:
- Front HiPer Strut Suspension (RPO: GNB)
- 20-inch fully-painted aluminum wheels (RPO: Q7Q)
- 20-inch all-season blackwall tires (RPO: RAL)
- Continuously Variable Real-Time Damping with Sport Mode (RPO: F45)
- Sport Mode Selectivity (RPO: UJC)
The HiPer Strut package is available exclusively on the 2017 LaCrosse FWD in the Essence and Premium trim levels.
The HiPer Strut package is priced at $1,625:
- 2017 LaCrosse Essense MSRP: $39,590 + HiPer Strut Suspension Package: $1,625 = $41,215
- 2017 LaCrosse Premium FWD MSRP: $41,990 + HiPer Strut Suspension Package: $1,625 = $43,615
Note: selecting the HiPer Strut front suspension replaces the standard MacPherson strut front suspension (RPO: GNA). HiPer Strut is not available on AWD models, as those models don’t suffer from torque steer by distributing power on acceleration to all four wheels.