Chevrolet has announced that of the 650 total units of the 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition set for production, 23 will be sold in the Middle East.
The Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition is a road-going, track-capable homage to the Corvette Racing C7.R racecars. It comes with the Z07 Performance Package with carbon ceramic brakes, and a specially serialized vehicle identification number. As a tribute to the Corvette Racing C7.R racecars, it is offered in Corvette Racing’s signature yellow – or black – exterior huge, with coordinated exterior and interior accents.
Corvette Racing’s legacy and technology were a significant influences on the development of the Corvette Z06 and the new C7.R Edition honors the link between the racecar and the production model.
2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition content and features include:
- C7.R Edition graphics package
- Z07 Performance Package with Brembo carbon ceramic brakes and Michelin PS Cup 2 tires
- Yellow brake calipers
- Black wheels with yellow accent stripe and Corvette Racing-logo center caps
- Visible carbon fiber ground effects package
- New visible carbon fiber hood section
- Grilles and vents finished in Spectra Gray Metallic
- Jet Black leather interior with sueded microfiber accents on the instrument panel and doors
- Sueded microfiber-trimmed Competition Sport Seat, steering wheel and shifter
- Yellow contrast stitching throughout the interior
- Carbon fiber interior trim package (high-gloss)
- Corvette Racing sill plates
- Special indoor car cover with C7.R graphics
- The Z07 Performance Package includes:
- Brembo carbon ceramic-matrix brake rotors that improve braking performance and contribute to greater handling through reduced un-sprung weight
- Adjustable front and rear aero components for unprecedented aerodynamic downforce
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 tires for enhanced grip
- Body styles: coupe or convertible
- Trim level: Corvette Z06 3LZ
- Exterior colors: Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat or Black
Additional updates for the 2016 Corvette Z06 include a new, available front curb view parking camera, power-cinching hatch/trunk latch, new optional design packages, and more.