On Saturday, July 16th, the iconic Vauxhall Art Car Boot Fair will take place at the Jerwood Gallery in Hastings, marking the first time ever that the fair will grace the gallery in the historic city of East Sussex county.
The theme for this year’s event is “The Hand”, with the occasion setting out to deliver a hand-selected line-up of established and up-and-coming artists displaying and selling their original and exclusive art from the boots of vintage Vauxhall cars.
With a line-up including Quentin Blake, Sir Peter Blake, Tracey Emin, Marcus Harvey, John Cooper Clarke, Keith Coventry, Martin Creed, Rachel Howard, and Gavin Turk, all the highlights from the flagship London event, and an array of new artists and performers handpicked from the fresh scene of local talent, the Vauxhall Art Car Boot Fair in Hastings is shaping up to be a day to be remembered for art-lovers, day-trippers, and merry-makers alike.
On hand will be the works of the noteworthy artists from the flagship event in London, including:
- A Hastings based print from Sir Peter Blake, the original of which will hang in the Jerwood Gallery
- Limited edition sculptures from Marcus Harvey to coincide with the opening of his One Man show at the Gallery
- A newly released ‘talking’ screen print by John Cooper-Clarke
- Entertainment curated by Richard Strange
- A live performance from Turner Prize winning Martin Creed & band
- Fine art on nails and special hand-of-the-artist prints
In addition to the exclusive art, Vauxhall will also bring its Vauxhall Motors heritage collection, including a handful of Vauxhall Victors as well as five Adams, which artists will be able to use as pitches and installations at the event. There will also be a bout of fabulous hands-on entertainment, sleights of hand, glove puppetry, handbag slinging, hand-printing, exotic finger food, and locally sourced hand-pulled pints, delicious wines, gourmet hotdogs, and plenty more. The event is sure to be a whimsical afternoon packed with serious art bargains, exclusive works, special editions at very special prices, and vintage Vauxhall cars turned into unique installations.
Vauxhall Art Car Boot Fair at-a-glance:
- When: July 16th, 2016 12–3:30pm
Hastings TN34 3DW
- Cost: entry is £3
- More info is available by visiting artcarbootfair.com and by following #VACBF on Twitter