General Motors’ Australia-based division, Holden, is recalling 2013 model year Trax (TJ) crossovers over a potential issue that could result in the loss of power steering.
The defect: an electrical wiring harness connector may not have been completely secured to the steering column during vehicle manufacture.
The hazard: Certain driving maneuvers may cause the wiring harness connector to disconnect. If this happens, the driver will identify a visible warning on the instrument cluster and the effort required to steer the vehicle may increase, which may potentially cause an accident.
- Affected Build Range: KL3BA7659DB103061 to KL3BF7659DB109074
- Affected Production Dates are: January 28, 2013 to February 14, 2013
- Products were sold nationally in Australia by all Holden dealers
Number of vehicles affected: not specified.
The fix: not disclosed at time of publication.
Owners should: Holden will write to all affected customers to notify them of the required action.
- Holden customer service (phone): 1-800-033-349
- Holden customer service (email): firstname.lastname@example.org
- RA number: 2016/15394