Global sales of Cadillac vehicles totaled either 22,502 units or 22,442 units in March 2016, an increase of 1 percent year-over-year. “Why 22,502 or 22,442?”, you may ask. And ask you most certainly should!
Here’s the deal: Cadillac’s official report tallies the sales at 22,442 units for March 2016. But when we add up the individual model line totals from Cadillac’s own report, we get 22,502 units for March 2016. A similar discrepancy is in place for March 2015, with Cadillac’s report showing 22,229 units sold in March 2015, with the line totals adding up to 22,228.
We reached out for official comment, but at the time of this writing, all’s quiet.
Now then: in March, the brand began initial deliveries of the 2016 Cadillac CT6 full-size sedan. Shipments of the 2017 Cadillac XT5 midsize luxury crossover are scheduled to begin in April in the United States.
“Launching new products into our largest markets expands our portfolio, continues to build our product substance, and reinforces the rising stature of the brand,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Consistently, we see consumers selecting a richer mix of models, driving transaction price growth. In the U.S., the average transaction price of a new Cadillac topped $54,000, highest among full-line luxury brands.”
Cadillac Sales By Model
Sales of all Cadillac models except for the SRX, which is being phased out, increased year-over-year
March 2016 global Cadillac sales summary by model versus March 2015:
- Cadillac ATS sales increased 0.8 percent to 4,758 units
- Cadillac CTS sales increased 5.4 percent to 1,862 units
- Cadillac ELR sales increased 4.0 percent to 105 units
- Cadillac XTS sales increased 6.7 percent to 5,042 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales totaled 395 units
- Cadillac SRX sales decreased 15.7 percent to 6,476 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 19.6 percent to 3,864 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - March 2016 - Global - By Model
|Model||March 2016 / March 2015||March 2016||March 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
|Total||+1%||22,502 or 22,442||22,228 or 22,229||+0.3%||61,163||60,967|
Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales were up in four markets and down in two.
March 2016 Cadillac sales summary by market versus March 2015:
- Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 5.1 percent to 13,053 units
- Cadillac sales in China increased 14.4 percent to 7,588 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada increased 1.5 percent to 947 units
- Cadillac sales in the Middle East decreased 37.5 percent to 318 units
- Cadillac sales in Mexico increased 9.5 percent to 162 units
- Cadillac sales in the EU and Russia (treated as a single market by Cadillac) increased 216 percent to 237 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW) decreased 20.8 percent to 137 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - March 2016 - Global - By Market
|Market||March 2016 / March 2015||March 2016||March 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
|EU & Russia||+216%||237||75||+117.9%||499||229|
Average Transaction Prices
According the J.D. Power, the average transaction price of a new Cadillac topped $54,000 in the U.S. in March, the highest among mainstream luxury brands.
About The Figures
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European Cadillac dealerships
- Take the model figures with a grain of salt until Cadillac clarifies the discrepancy in the totals