After mysteriously discontinuing the Midnight Edition package on the 2016 ATS Sedan and 2016 ATS Coupe, Cadillac has re-introduced the attractive package just months after beginning to sell the 2016 model year vehicle.
According to order guides updated on January 29th, 2016, the package will carry the CWD free-flow RPO code and be available on the Luxury and Performance trim levels with the 2.0L Turbo I4 LTG or 3.6L V6 LGX engine in rear- or all-wheel-drive. The package delivers the following equipment:
- (BC9) Black side window and rear fascia appliqué moldings
- (PXW) 18″ After Midnight aluminum wheels
- (TSA) Black chrome grille
The wheels can be swapped out for a choice of:
- (5XT) Sterling Silver painted aluminum wheels LPO or
- (5XV) Satin Graphite premium painted aluminum wheels, LPO or
- (5XZ) Gloss Black premium painted aluminum wheels, LPO with (5AN) gloss Black pocket design wheel insert, LPO
The ATS Midnight Edition is now only available in the following four exterior colors:
- (G1W) Crystal White Tricoat
- (G7E) Red Obsession Tintcoat
- (G7Q) Phantom Gray Metallic
- (GBA) Black Raven
Quite unfortunately, however, the package is not available with the (M3L) 6-speed manual transmission or any other LPO wheels, LPO inserts or RPO wheels. In addition, opting for the ATS Midnight Edition in AWD form requires the (Y19) Cold Weather Package.
The package is not yet available on the Cadillac online configurator, and there is also no info on pricing. But we should note that the Midnight Edition was a $1,695 option on the 2015 ATS Sedan and a $600 option on the 2015 ATS Coupe. For the 2015 MY, the Midnight Edition package included:
- Black chrome and dark accented front upper and lower grilles (TSA)
- Dark finish exterior content, including gloss Black DLO window moldings and Black chrome rear fascia appliqué (BC9)
- 18″ “After Midnight” dark finish aluminum wheels (PXW) wrapped in all-season, run-flat tires
- Sueded microfiber shifter (5CS)
- Sueded microfiber steering wheel (53S)
- Cold Weather Package (Y19)
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated driver and front passenger seats
The GM Authority Take
We’d like to think that we had something to do with this decision. But even if we didn’t, this is great news to ATS enthusiasts with an appreciation for blacked-out exterior content. In fact, the ATS’ direct rivals from BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, and Lexus all offer black-out packages, which have been gaining in popularity in the sport-luxury space, especially among younger customers.
That said, we’d love to see the newfound Midnight Edition become available with the six-speed stick, Premium trim level, and more (all) exterior colors.
Hat tip to Brad.