Chevrolet states, in response to customer demand, the 2017 Camaro 1LE will not only be powered by a V8, but the 1LE package may also be applied to the V6-powered 1LT or 2LT variant of Camaro. Both the LT 1LE and SS 1LE receive similar styling enhancements, including a satin black hood, front splitter and a unique three-piece spoiler to look the part, but what does a 2017 Camaro LT 1LE do to beef up its track credentials? Quite a bit.
First of all, more aggressive suspension tuning is applied to handle greater efforts on the track. The 2017 Camaro LT 1LE receives standard Brembo brakes, and a unique wheel design is wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1 tires. The combination is good for 0.97G in cornering grip. The 2017 Camaro LT 1LE also receives the innovative Performance Data Recording system as an option. Other technical specs include the following:
- FE3 suspension components (from the Camaro SS), including dampers, rear cradle mounts, ball-jointed rear toe links and stabilizer bars
- Lightweight 20-inch forged aluminum wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 245/40R20 front tires and 275/35R20 rear tires
- Mechanical Limited-slip differential with 3.27 ratio
- Standard track-cooling package, with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
- Suede steering wheel and shorter-throw shifter
- Standard dual mode exhaust system
- Camaro SS fuel system for higher-load cornering capability
- Unique high flow upper and lower grille with satin black accents
- Available Recaro seats.
Many of the 2017 Camaro LT 1LE’s performance additions come from the 2016 Camaro SS, making the package a literal one-stop shop for extra go-fast bits in one tidy package. And it won’t be a slouch, either.
“With a curb weight under 3,500 pounds, excellent front-to-rear weight balance and the precision of the FE3 suspension, the Camaro LT 1LE offers unmatched capability in its class,” said Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer. “As a result, it offers incredible performance for Camaro V6 customers.”
Availability for the 1LE package will begin in late 2016 as the Camaro begins its 2017 model year.