We’ve already seen a few enhancing components for the Chevrolet C7 Corvette, and now the Genuine Corvette Accessories ground effects kit is an option as well. These kits can be ordered through and installed by your Chevrolet dealership, making it an easy way to personalize your Corvette.
The GCA kits include a front splitter and side rocker panels. As CorvetteBlogger points out, the front splitter looks very similar to the Level 1 Aero Kit available for the Z06, with small winglets on each side. From what we can tell, these kits are purely cosmetic and offer no performance gains in terms of aerodynamics.
The kits are available in the following colors for the following prices (as listed on Chevrolet.com):
- Ground Effects, Paint To Match (23495174) – $2,700.00
- Ground Effects, Gray (23495177) – $3,000.00
- Ground Effects, White (23495175) – $3,000.00
- Ground Effects, Carbon Flash (23495172) – $3,000.00
- Ground Effects, Blue (23495176) – $3,000.00
- Ground Effects, Red (23495179) – $3,000.00
- Ground Effects, Exposed Carbon Fiber (23495173) – $4,000.00
Some of us at GM Authority have an eye for the Exposed Carbon Fiber on essentially any color Corvette, though we’d be partial to Torch Red, Black, or Arctic White. Which option would you go with, or are these kits not to your liking? Let us know in the comment section below.