Kelley Blue Book has awarded a ‘top ten’ list of 2016 model year vehicles with the highest projected resale values. Four of the ten happen to be GM vehicles; the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, 2016 Chevrolet Colorado, 2016 GMC Canyon, and 2016 GMC Sierra. Toyota was prominent as well, with three vehicles on the list – the Tacoma, 4Runner, and Tundra.
The Tacoma placed first, with a resale value of 72.9 percent at 36 months, and 61.7 percent at 60 months. In comparison, the GMC Canyon, which placed third, has a projected resale value of 70.7 percent at 36 months and 59.5 percent at 60 months.
Here are the KBB projected values for the other three GM vehicles mentioned;
- 2016 Chevrolet Colorado – ranked 4th
- at 36 months: 70.0 percent
- at 60 months: 58.6 percent
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro – ranked 8th
- at 36 months: 61.0 percent
- at 60 months: 49.0 percent
- 2016 GMC Sierra – ranked 9th
- at 36 months: 57.0 percent
- at 60 months: 48.0 percent
So if you’re looking to make a sound investment on your new-car purchase, you might want to visit your Chevrolet or GMC dealership. On the other hand, you could wait five years for a 51 percent discount… or not.