Isuzu Manufacturing Services of America (Isuzu) is recalling certain Low Cab Forward trucks over a potential issue with the fuel tank. The recall also applies to Isuzu-produced and Chevrolet-and GMC-branded Low Cab Forward trucks.
The defect: affected vehicles have a fuel tank that may corrode and leak fuel.
The hazards: a fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source increases the risk of a fire.
- 2006-2008 Isuzu NPR and NPR-HD manufactured March 16, 2005 to August 13, 2008
- 2006-2008 Chevrolet W3500 and W4500 manufactured March 16, 2005 to August 13, 2008
- 2006-2008 GMC W3500 and W4500 manufactured July 18, 2005 to August 13, 2008
Number of vehicles affected: 13,671 (United States).
The fix: Isuzu will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule.
Owners should: customers looking to find out if their vehicle is included in this GM recall should contact Isuzu by using the following information.
- Isuzu Customer Service: 1-866-441-9638
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Recall Number: 15V704000