The 2015 SEMA Show is less than a month away, and Chevrolet is already beginning to trickle out the news. Today, we learn about what’s in store for the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro lineup. Originally, we only caught wind of some Camaro accessories after seeing photos of them appear online after Camaro Fest earlier this year. But we’re happy to read this running docket of genuine performance parts that 2016 Camaro customers can order from their dealers, as well.
2016 Camaro performance parts will include:
- Performance exhaust – Chevrolet says that kits will be available late this year for 2016 Camaro SS with the LT1 V8 and Camaro LT with the 3.6L V6. Each is a direct replacement for the factory system and maintains the vehicle’s factory warranty. But if you order your Camaro with a dual-mode exhaust system (we suspect many of you will), the exhaust kit isn’t compatible.
- Suspension lowering kits – Arriving in early 2016 will be a set of higher-rate front and rear coil springs, along with specifically tuned struts and shocks. The suspension lowering kits will drop the vehicle up to 0.8-inch (20mm) from stock, while still having a focus for ride quality and vehicle performance, according to Chevy. The suspension kit will also deliver a lower center of gravity that enhances the feeling of responsiveness. There will be four kits available, each for a Camaro LT and SS coupe, and their convertible models. However, the suspension lowering kits for the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS are not compatible with the Magnetic Ride Control option.
- Brembo performance front brake package (four-piston calipers) – Specifically for Camaro LT models with the 2.0L Turbo and 3.6L V6 engines, this kit features Brembo four-piston aluminum calipers in red with performance brake pads and 13.6-in. x 1.2-in. (345mm x 30mm) vented and slotted Duralife rotors – the same size as the Camaro SS. The kit is a direct replacement for the original front brakes and includes low-expansion front brake hoses and all necessary hardware.
- Brembo performance front brake package (six-piston calipers) – This Brembo front brake system features six-piston monoblock aluminum calipers in red with performance brake pads and two-piece, 14.6-in. x 1.3-in. (370mm x 34mm) vented and slotted Duralife rotors (cast-iron braking rings with aluminum hats). This kit is available for all Gen Six Camaro models and includes low-expansion front brake hoses and all necessary hardware. This performance kit is for those who really want stop in a hurry.
- Performance air intake – Available in early 2016, the performance air intake helps reduce air restriction and includes a reusable open-element air filter, a sealed compartment with all the necessary installation hardware for the Camaro SS with the LT1 V8.
- Engine covers – 2016 Camaro engine covers will be available by the end of the year in red, blue or black for the V8 and V6 engines. A cover for the 2.0L Turbo engine is planned as well.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro accessories will include:
- Three aluminum wheel designs, in multiple finishes
- Grille kits with six body-color inserts for LT and SS models; inserts are also available in chrome-appearance or primed versions for custom painting
- A blade-style rear spoiler and ground effects kit, each offered in 10 colors
- Four exterior graphics packages, offered in multiple colors, including,” rally stripe,” front-fender “hash mark,” racing stripe designs and a body-side “spear” graphic
- Interior trim kits, offered in multiple colors.
Chevrolet says that customers can also select alternate-finish versions of existing features such as smoked taillamp lenses and blacked-out or LED-illuminated bowtie emblems.