Hennessey Performance Engineering never ceases to amaze with their performance upgrades, and it has already released information on the HPE650 Supercharged Upgrade for the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS and its mighty 6.2L LT1 V8 engine.
Below are the upgrades provided by HPE’s website:
• 650 bhp @ 6,500 rpmHPE650 Supercharged Upgrade Includes
• 2.3 Liter Supercharger System
• High Flow Cylinder Heads
• HPE650 Camshaft
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• Hennessey Exterior Badging
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
It seems to be the usual hoard of goodies that one can expect from Hennessey. Aside from the hardware needed to hit the 650 horsepower mark, there are H10 Monoblock wheels and carbon fiber door sill plates. We think these subtle additions will really sharpen the look of the car.
We’re very curious to see if HPE ends up offering anything for the base 2016 Camaro and its 2.0L turbo, and what sort of power it’ll make. For those who think it would be a waste of time, check out the power this 2.0 four-cylinder made in a Chevrolet Cobalt SS.