The National Corvette Museum has opened up a new exhibit called the “From Moonshine to the Finish Line,” the history of NASCAR exhibit. It has been running since May 15, and was originally set to disassemble on September 5 of this year.
Good news for NCM and NASCAR fans alike: the exhibit will be on display until September 13, and will feature a 1940’s Ford used to run illegal moonshine during the prohibition, as well as Junior Johnson’s “Mystery Motor” Chevrolet Impala. Of course, there’s tons of other GM-related racing metal on display, as well.
The exhibit also showcases cars from NASCAR’s finest, such as; Dale Earnhardt Sr., Dale Jr., Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Darrell Waltrip, Richard Petty (The King), Mark Martin, Benny Parsons, and more.
We took the liberty of inserting the list of some of the cars that you’ll see at the exhibit below:
- #3 – Dale Earnhardt Wheaties Chevrolet 1997 Monte Carlo
- #3 – Junior Johnson 1963 Chevrolet Impala SS
- #6 – Mark Martin 1994 Valvoline Ford
- #8 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Budweiser Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
- #16 – Greg Biffle 2013 3M
- #17 – Darrell Waltrip Tide 1987 Monte Carlo
- #24 – Jeff Gordon DuPont Fire & Flames Design, 2005 Monte Carlo
- #27 – 1953 Corvette NASCAR
- #43 – Richard Petty 1986/87 Pontiac Aero
- #48 – Jimmie Johnson Lowe’s Power of Pride Design 2003 Monte Carlo
- #72 – Benny Parsons 1973 Chevelle, Winston Cup Winner
- #88 – Dale Earnhardt, Jr. 2008 Impala SS
- #97 – Kurt Busch 2004 Nextel Championship Winning Taurus
For a preview of the exhibit, watch the video below. If you’d like more information, visit the exhibit’s website.