Just yesterday, we reported that Cadillac has begun offering the new Black Sport Appearance Package on the ATS Sedan. Now, we’re even more delighted to report that the prestige vehicle brand is now also offering a new Midnight Special Edition Package for the ATS Sedan and ATS Coupe.
A $1,695 option on the ATS Sedan and a $600 option on the ATS Coupe, the ATS Midnight Edition Package includes:
- Black chrome and dark accented front upper and lower grilles (TSA)
- Dark finish exterior content, including gloss Black DLO window moldings and Black chrome rear fascia appliqué (BC9)
- 18″ “After Midnight” dark finish aluminum wheels (PXW) wrapped in all-season, run-flat tires
- Sueded microfiber shifter (5CS)
- Sueded microfiber steering wheel (53S)
- Cold Weather Package (Y19)
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated driver and front passenger seats
The package is only available on the Performance trim level of the ATS Sedan and Coupe, in both RWD and AWD variants.
The package is only available with the following exterior and interior color combinations:
- Crystal White Tricoat (G1W)
- Red Obsession Tintcoat (G7E)
- Phantom Gray Metallic (G7Q)
- Black Raven (GBA)
- Jet Black with Jet Black accents (H1Y)
- Light Platinum with Jet Black accents (H2P)
- Morello Red with Jet Black accents (HHP)
To note, the dark Midnight Edition wheels (PXW) on the ATS Midnight Special Edition package are the same size and design as the 18-inch forged machined aluminum wheels (R35) on the ATS Premium trim level. However, the units on the Midnight Edition wheels are in a dark finish.
The GM Authority Take
Nice work, Cadillac, since this is exactly what we’ve been asking for all along. The ATS Midnight Edition takes the ATS Sport Appearance Package one step further by blacking out the DLO (Daylight Opening) window moldings — an oft-missed detail, while also including a different set of black wheels. Now, all we would ask for is to:
- Replace the body-color wing mirror caps with black units
- Not treat it as a “special” appearance package, but instead make it an across-the-board package in the same way that BMW offers its “Sport” line